News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washer machine and dryer recommendations.

Started by GMP440, January 15, 2018, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMP440

Planning to replace my 2009 GE frontload washer machine and a Maytag dryer.  What's machines is everyone using.  Thanks.

69rtse4spd

What ever the one the wife likes. :lol:. Not what you wanted to hear, but we got ours at Lowes years ago, couldn't tell you the name, I just pay for the stuff. 

69 OUR/TEA

Do your research , after buying a machine from Lowes and it only lasting 4 years , no more from the Home Depots/Lowes for me. After doing a lot of research , came up with tons of people swearing by the brand "Speed Queen" . Look around , they are what they use in laundry mats/hotels/etc . Wanted a machine that if we wanted to fill right to the top for one shirt , we could ,NTM have pure hot water , not tempered down ,  and have the ability to open the lid while running to throw something else in (a lot of machines won't let you do that ) .Had  to go to an actual appliance store to get one , while buying that , also got a Dryer to match . The washer spins so dam fast , it really wrings out the water , you will notice if you are using your same dryer , the clothes will be dryer faster .
They stand by their product , at least the model I bought has a 10 year warranty on the transmission . I would have to look at it to get the model  number . They are not cheap , you could probably buy 2 form Lowes for the price this costs . I think for the top loader we got , no bells or whistles , good old knobs , was around $900 . I think we have had it (washer and dryer) 7 years now , since reading this thread , just made me think , wow so far without a hitch  , so I guess I am really happy with them !!
Find and read the real peoples reviews on them .

Old Moparz

What am I using?  :shruggy:

A "Roper" washer & drier that we bought new in 1989.  :yesnod:

The insides are made by Whirlpool & they were $500 for the pair. I replaced the belt on the drier once, & my wife replaced a set of small gears (dogs) under the agitator.

After buying an expensive refrigerator, a GE Profile for close to $1800 that turned out to be a bigger POS than an East German Trabant, I swore I would never buy another upscale appliance. When the dishwasher crapped out we got a $198 Amana that has been flawless now for 12 years. If you want & can afford an expensive one, go get it, but it doesn't make sense since they all appear to be disposable anyway. Personally I am tired of getting ripped off & will buy the least expensive appliance with the features I need from now on. If it's cheap & dies in a few years you got your money's worth & have more car parts money.   :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Harper

we had whirlpool and the dryer belt broke and the guides however we use it DAILY so this go round i bought a Maytag dryer its 3 days old literally, $399 at lowes with a 10 year warranty. When you have 4 kids living under roof, with occasional kids friends having a sleep over from time to time, there is NO rest for the weary...
its been good so far lol  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Paul G

Whirlpool Duet front loaders. Been running great for us since new in 2007. Love the front loaders. Uses less soap and water. Just the wife and I since 2010, so they only do a few loads a week.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68X426

The laundry mistress loves her Maytags.  Six years and no issues.  Happy wife, happy life.

No different than my loving my Husqvarna chainsaw and Stihl trimmer.  The tool quality matters for one's happiness.

It's worth signing up for Consumer Reports online.  I think it's still only $20 for a year, but you can get a one-month for maybe $3.95.  That's a cheap price to survey the makes and models and learn about the newest features.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Polygon

Buy a simple one. I use to sell Maytags back 30 years ago. They were Sherman tanks. Today, Speed Queen, pricy, but very very very good. I have a simple Roper, made by Whirlpool. Suits me.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page