News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYONE KNOW WERE I COULD GET A HOOD TRAY FOR MY DAYTONA

Started by kevs1969daytona, January 15, 2018, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

OK have been looking for a "hood tray" (the thing between the nose cone and rad support) for my car and a "nose grill" as well, anyone know were I could purchase these thing thanks

NHCharger

I bought a real nice grill and screen from Erik Nelson.
I bought my latch tray from Janak (fiberglass).
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mopar John

You can buy the Daytona grille screen from a good friend of mine Wayne Perkins.
He advertises them regularly in the ads of the DSAC newsletter.
The last issue had the Daytona grille screens for $50.00 shipped.
He also advertises Daytona fender opening screens for $50.00 a pair shipped.
Or you can buy all 3 parts for $75.00!
Here is his contact info:
Wayne Perkins
811 NORTHVIEW
OLATHE, KS 66061
913-764-1956 noon till 7pm central time
MJ

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lighthorseman

Kev...I have a fibreglass 'Bird tray if you'd like to borrow it for making your own copy.  They're essentially pretty similar.  The Daytona tray is, if I recall, just a shorter version of the 'Bird tray.

I also just happen to live in SP too...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Lighthorseman on January 16, 2018, 05:00:55 PM
Kev...I have a fibreglass 'Bird tray if you'd like to borrow it for making your own copy.  They're essentially pretty similar.  The Daytona tray is, if I recall, just a shorter version of the 'Bird tray.

I also just happen to live in SP too...

The Bird tray is the "shorter" version, the Daytona tray was used by rotating it 180 degrees, the Daytona rear flange, which is now the SB front flange lost about 2" in width cut off, along with the Daytona "ears" being trimmed off, the bird has a plated spot welded over the "Daytona" latch hole, along with the added (SB only) hood spring

Mike

bama7070

Just saw a new metal reproduction tray for sale on Moparts site -  think they wanted $325