News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What rotisserie are you guys using for your 68/69 Chargers, other b bodys?

Started by Harper, January 15, 2018, 10:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

what rotisserie are you guys using for your b body's (Chargers, Super bees, coronets, Road runners, Satellites?

I would like to buy one specifically made for a charger/road runner if i can find one reasonable. It doesn't have to be super fancy, i just need it to bolt up, balance to where i can adjust if and turn it by hand.

i think it would be the ultimate to be able to do all my work without being under the car on the ground for once lol :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

green69rt

Unless you buy a used one off of someone that used it on the same model car as yours, you'll probably have to adapt it to fit your car.  Here's where I got mine, and still needed some mods to connect to my 69 Charger.

https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-garage/car-rotisserie/weaver-w-rotisserie-auto-rotisserie/

Here's a thread on how I set mine up plus info on what others did.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,112596.0.html

Bronzedodge

X2 on what Troy posted - Whirlyjig.  It might be more expensive, but it is well built.  Adjusts for center of gravity. Eric Emmerson is a Mopar guy.  Owns a 69 Charger I believe, think his Dad had one as well.  Their space was next to mine at Carlisle from about '96 to '09 or so.  Great people.
Mopar forever!

Harper

thanks guys. I found a guy in Canada that has a home built one, and i am seriously thinking about purchasing it from him. here are a few pictures.
1968 Dodge Charger

Troy

Do some research. That homebuilt one doesn't look like it has a balance adjuster. You'll quickly understand why it's important. It does look pretty solid though. With all that framework underneath I can imagine it's easy to flip over. A lot of pressure on the lock.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Harper

QuoteDaytona R/T SE

that is a thing of BEAUTY bro!! love that color...

QuoteDo some research. That homebuilt one doesn't look like it has a balance adjuster. You'll quickly understand why it's important. It does look pretty solid though. With all that framework underneath I can imagine it's easy to flip over. A lot of pressure on the lock.

Troy,
yea this guy says his is balanced pretty well, of course when you are cutting and replacing pieces all that weight shifts, so i can see where its important to be able to adjust the balance point.
1968 Dodge Charger

70 sublime

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2018, 10:19:05 PM
Do some research. That homebuilt one doesn't look like it has a balance adjuster. You'll quickly understand why it's important. It does look pretty solid though. With all that framework underneath I can imagine it's easy to flip over. A lot of pressure on the lock.

Troy

Looking at the home made one in the second last picture it looks like there are some dumb bell weights that are added or taken off as needed to even out the weight so it should work ok
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

68RT440

I just bought an Auto Twirler from Summit and bought the front and rear 68-70 Mopar B body attachments for it as well.  I haven't put the car on it yet
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

green69rt

Just a safety reminder.  Go over all the bolts, etc to make sure everything is tight! Also, move the car slowly checking for stability, clearance and balance.   Once you get the car up and balanced then you can spin it as you need, but first, spend the time to make sure everything is tight and secure.  Be safe, remember that you have a ton of steel in the air.

gtx6970

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2018, 11:15:33 AM
I don't know if you'll find one specific to Mopar. I have one of these.
http://www.whirlyjig.com/Default.htm

Troy

This is what I have. And have used it several times with ZERO issues no matter what was on it .

Actually thinking maybe its time to sell it

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

birdsandbees

Any of the Canadian lads here bought one from the guy in Brantford for $1350 Cdn ??? Looks like a copy of the Whirlyjig
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

68ChargerJMP

This is mine. I like posting pictures of it just for the reaction it receives.... :o
Its actually been on there for three years or more. I can rotate it 360* by myself, a little top heavy, but I can do it. I'm about to take it down in the next week or two, as I have actually progressed enough to set it down on the suspension again. Then I'm gonna burn it. I never want to do a resto this involved again.

kent

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 29, 2018, 09:18:45 PM
Any of the Canadian lads here bought one from the guy in Brantford for $1350 Cdn ??? Looks like a copy of the Whirlyjig

I travelled up there last October to catch a Leaf game and picked mine up from him. I really like it.  Very well made, beautiful welds. You could tell he took pride in his work. He cleaned all the cuts he made, inside and out. I bought a few more brackets off him also for different mounting options.  Stan is a great fella to deal with.
Kent

kent

Kent

birdsandbees

Quote from: kent on January 30, 2018, 05:37:00 PM
Quote from: birdsandbees on January 29, 2018, 09:18:45 PM

I travelled up there last October to catch a Leaf game and picked mine up from him. I really like it.  Very well made, beautiful welds. You could tell he took pride in his work. He cleaned all the cuts he made, inside and out. I bought a few more brackets off him also for different mounting options.  Stan is a great fella to deal with.

THANKS! Looked solid on his pictures and heavy duty... and the price is GREAT compared to anything else I've looked at. Thinking ahead to the next project...  :slap:

You stay with the manual jack or get the hydraulic option??
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kent

Air over hydraulic. Princess Auto special, but they work good.
Kent