News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

reproduction battery cables

Started by chargermick, January 18, 2018, 10:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I need to replace both battery cables on my '69 440. I would like the correct look. Where do you guys get them from?

Mopar Nut

Call M&H, they sell them directly to the public not like their wiring harnesses that are sold through Yearone.

Not cheap, http://www.wiringharness.com/
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

VegasCharger

Bought my positive battery cable for my '68  Charger thru Summit Racing online. Descent set and cheap, $30.00. No way in H3LL I'm spending $100+ on a battery cable. They have negative cables too but I got mine from O' Reillys since there isn't much to the negative cable. $50.00 total for both cables.

Positive cable thru Summit:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmk-2132-302-683/overview/year/1968/make/dodge/model/charger

:cheers:

XH29N0G

You probably know this, but if not, make sure you buy a high quality one with low enough gauge.  The people who did the restore on mine bought one that looked correct, worked when all was OK, but then melted when I had an engine issue and had to crank for a long time.   
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

chargermick

Year One wants $266 plus shipping for both cables!!!! That is crazy.

BLK 68 R/T

VegasCharger

Quote from: chargermick on January 21, 2018, 08:55:00 AM
Year One wants $266 plus shipping for both cables!!!! That is crazy.

Not surprising from the Rip-off leader.  :brickwall:

chargermick

Thanks Blk 68, Mega Parts is much better. I am leery of "driver quality" in their description, I wonder what that means.

BLK 68 R/T

Don't get the driver quality one. They are junk in my opinion. You can get a good negative cable at the local parts store since there is no aux ground pigtail on the 68/69 cable.

chargermick

I'll check that out, thanks again.