News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place to sell a C500?

Started by aerolith, January 19, 2018, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

Hi Aero's.

15 years of ownership has gone by in a blink!!! :-\

The time has come to seriously think about selling my C500.
Early retirement, mortgage finale looming etc., has forced my hand.
Stripped out project cars aren't for everyone, but you can see what you is gettin!

Where would you advertise such a wonderful car?
Don't want an Ebay wannabee bidfest, just a sensible sale to a sensible Charger fan!

Best wishes and HNY to one and all.

Aeroliteness
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: aerolith on January 19, 2018, 02:10:15 PM
Hi Aero's.

Stripped out project cars aren't for everyone, but you can see what you is gettin!

Don't want an Ebay wannabee bidfest, just a sensible sale to a sensible Charger fan!

Aeroliteness
I could be possibly interested.......... My Superbird project may have hit critical-frustration-mass and I may sell........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

I would be curious to know a price on such a car also
The bigger the project the more affordable it would be for me
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

garner7555

Park it at Walmart for a few months with a for sale sign in the window.      :smilielol:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

69_500

Not saying it works for everyone but word of mouth works very well in the Aero community.
Facebook marketplace works well too.
Took all of 9 hours to have a deposit placed on my 500 on there.

Y1CHARGER

I would put it on Ebay as a classified buy it now or best offer type of listing.  Many people will see it from all over the world.  I'd put a phone number in the add so if someone wanted to buy it outside of ebay they would have no way of finding out.  Never email through ebay about completing a sale outside of ebay and stay away from paypal if that's you intention. 

xx29

Hi Aero's.

I would contact Restorations by Julius....

Aeroliteness

aerolith

Many thanx for the excellent replies!

I will be dragging the C500 outta the garage where she has been residing these long years!
I have a very nice H/Duty rotisserie given to me by a wonderful Moparmate, which she will be placed onto with great care.
A quick underbody soda-blast and a a coat of finest phosphate primer ready for paint.
As and when this happens I will take some pictures to show the body condition of my fine Aero warrior... :pity:

Seems it will be raining here in Kentland for the next month or two, so don't hold your breath lol... :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Good things are always worth the wait. :smash: :hack: :paintingpink: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Simonic

I'm sorry to hear that you are selling the 500. Do you have any plans for another Mopar ?
Mopar owner in the UK..

aerolith

Hi Simonic,

Once a Moparman always a Moparman... :2thumbs:
I have a 71 440 Gtx from Canada, (very rusty) and 64 D200 426-WSS truck, so plenty to keep me busy lol... :scratchchin:

Aeroless soon
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Stevetona

I'm sure there would be enough interest in any aero car to sell it on here fairly easily.

tan top

Hi Aero's.

Aeroliteness

sorry to hear your going to / thinking  sell  the C500 !!  would love a C500  & if only  i was 20 years younger & had the dough  :'(

good luck with what ever you decide to do  :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ws23rt

Hemmings is a good place for an ad for a car like this. Folks that regularly look for what they want will see it there.

Once you have an ad placed anywhere you will have to deal with a few that want to help you sell for a fee. ::)  Be patient--they just want a piece of your car selling action. The good deal they propose is for them not you.

aerolith

Thanx Tan Top.

I don't wanna sell but time and tide wait for no one!

Should have got my act together and got her done when I was younger and had some money too.
Never mind though, I owned her for 15 years and still may get to drive my Charger-500 4-speed, before she goes to a loving new owner... :pity:

Life goes by in a blink if you let it, I have learnt my lesson and won't be so tardy in my next life lol... :dance:

I have decided, as and when she goes up for sale, it will be ON HERE!

There is no better place on the planet to talk AERO!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69_500

Well I will be trying this site for selling my T5 500.

white

Your selling the 500! Is there a wing in your future?

fc7_plumcrazy

looks priced very reasonable

Carsten

XS29LA47V21

Here feels like as good as selective audience as anywhere.  Ebay seems to prove to get out there.  I personally not a fan of auctions imo.  You may recall another 500 AZ hemi car sold and was resold which does not feel good to most.  So the balance of finding a good long term home and price is usually part of the equation but at the end finding what my "release" number ahead of time always seems to work for me but I have been luck none of my have ever been a financial need either.  As much as I love them it hurts me to say they are still a unique car from a standard 69 RT say and I think the number of buyers are way smaller.  I do think getting it on the for sale section here with couple photos and your price is likely a good first step.  I did that with an F8 AC 500 some yrs back and had it no where else.  Good luck.

Stevetona

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 25, 2018, 08:03:51 PM
Here feels like as good as selective audience as anywhere.  Ebay seems to prove to get out there.  I personally not a fan of auctions imo.  You may recall another 500 AZ hemi car sold and was resold which does not feel good to most.  So the balance of finding a good long term home and price is usually part of the equation but at the end finding what my "release" number ahead of time always seems to work for me but I have been luck none of my have ever been a financial need either.  As much as I love them it hurts me to say they are still a unique car from a standard 69 RT say and I think the number of buyers are way smaller.  I do think getting it on the for sale section here with couple photos and your price is likely a good first step.  I did that with an F8 AC 500 some yrs back and had it no where else.  Good luck.

If it's the same Hemi 4 speed car you're talking about: XX29J9B217202 it's on eBay right now. 99k obo

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: Stevetona on January 25, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 25, 2018, 08:03:51 PM

If it's the same Hemi 4 speed car you're talking about: XX29J9B217202 it's on eBay right now. 99k obo

no, it was a green C500 from Chris of AZ originally than resold by a guy in Florida

Carsten

69_500

Rumor is that green car is now owned by Jay Leno.

Dragon Slayer

Quote from: 69_500 on January 24, 2018, 04:48:56 PM
Well I will be trying this site for selling my T5 500.

Dan, Are those 15" after market Recall wheels or originals on your car for sale? 

69_500