News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TracFone

Started by Bob, January 19, 2018, 03:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Ok, I'm a little old and love the basics. I have a flip phone and thought I would upgrade to one of those fancy touch type tracfones from Walmart for 30 bucks. At the check out I ask the guy if my phone, time and triple minutes would transfer, he said no just your number. Seems after April of 2017 any of the tracfones will not transfer the triple time. I would like to upgrade at a reasonable price but want to transfer my benefits I already have.
Any suggestions?

Bob

Old Moparz

I have a tracfone flip phone also & had asked that question too. He's right, for some reason they don't transfer time from our dinosaur phones to the new ones. I think it's like trying to stream a movie that needs a USB cable through a rubber hose, it ain't happening.  :lol:

I did see a combination flip phone with a smaller smartphone screen but haven't looked into it. If you have a lot of airtime saved on your flip phone & you want to switch I think you're just going to have to deal with losing what you accumulated.  :scratchchin:

One good thing that I am aware of is that you will not use up your data if you have a wi-fi signal with the tracfone, smartphone. :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

green69rt

I have a Tracfone and the when I renew, for 3 months, it costs about $7/month.  Depending on how much you use, buying a new set of minutes, etc is only going to be a few bucks so just do it.  You'll come to appreciate the features of a new 3G or 4G phone.  Bought my LG about a year ago for $30 and never needed anything more.  Use it for phone, texting, maps, GPS, etc.

birdsandbees

I'm just glad to hear someone else still has a flip phone !!  :2thumbs: :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

JB400

I used flip phone up until last year.  If I ever go back to Verizon, I might get it reinstated.  I don't even use half of what a smart phone can do.

69rtse4spd

I used a flip phone till the top broke off, had to up grade. Loved that flip phone, so compact.

70 sublime

I had a flip phone also for as long as I could but it finally died
Could not find another flip phone when the time came to get another  :brickwall:
I was getting pretty good at text with just the numbers and having to press one number so many times to get to that letter
No one else could use my phone ;)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Old Moparz

I thought about upgrading but life is complicated enough. I convinced my Mom years ago to get a phone & other than leaving it on in her purse & not shutting it off, she was fine with it.

Many years ago she had one of the old phones that looked like a regular handset coiled to a car battery. It weighed as much as a car battery too.  :smilielol:
               Bob                

Bob

Since I'm not alone I think I'll keep my flippy.

alenglish

just gave mine up.  Christmas time   I miss the old flip phone
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Old Moparz

Quote from: Bob on January 20, 2018, 01:51:36 PM
Since I'm not alone I think I'll keep my flippy.

Maybe Troy will create another forum for us flip phoners & let us post by text.   :lol:
               Bob                

alfaitalia

LOL......Great thread....but get with the times!. Even my dad (74) has a high spec smart phone and it always showing me some new app or other! He also had an old flipper and had to be talked out of it......but now he knows it was right and after a few lessons there was no going back!

EDIT; Just realised that my even 84 YO mother in law has an iPhone!  :lol:

Android man myself!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

birdsandbees

"Get with the times"   :nana:

And here we all are working on 50 year old cars!!  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Bob

I doubt I'll get with the times anytime soon. I still have a TV antenna.  :nana:

alfaitalia

Me too....Sky TV is a fortune over here...money better spent on cars!

Bob

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 22, 2018, 02:06:08 PM
Me too....Sky TV is a fortune over here...money better spent on cars!
To each his own but I just don't understand how some people can spend upwards of $200.00 a month for a cable hooked to there TV.  :think:

alfaitalia

$200???....Ok ....I take it back....maybe its not so expensive here!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 23, 2018, 05:58:14 AM
$200???....Ok ....I take it back....maybe its not so expensive here!!

seems like a lot (and kinda is) but it does usually include high speed internet. In my case, we also get all of the premium channels - anyone who tells you Game of Thrones isnt worth the extra $10 a month for HBO it is full of shit.

What a lot of cord cutters dont get is that as/if more people get rid of cable tv and rely more on streaming services (netflix, amazon, etc), the costs of high speed internet will also go up.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

Also, what are you all bellyaching about with Tracfone?

I needed to get a phone for work because some times I have to call people whom I'd prefer do not know my personal #. I dug out an old used Verizon Samsung phone, bought a $1 tracfone SIM card + and a $20 plan, and I was all set for 3 months.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

alfaitalia

You can hide your number on any smart phone...well why that I've had. Maybe it's different over there.

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 24, 2018, 02:18:25 PM
You can hide your number on any smart phone...well why that I've had. Maybe it's different over there.

you can make it private so that it doesnt show up on caller ID. Nevertheless, sometimes I have to give these particular individuals a number to contact me other than my office and I dont want them to call my personal mobile given the nature of my job.  Doesnt happen often, but from now on I'll be glad I have another #.  I think I got 60 minutes for $20 and will last three months. Should be more than enough.

And yes, I know about Google Voice, but the calls/texts to that number would still go to my personal phone. I can turn the burner phone off.

Bob

Well I pulled the trigger and bought a touch type tracfone on eBay. Triple time and all the bells and whistles. It had a make offer so I offered 30 bucks and it's on its way.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2018, 02:56:55 PM
Well I pulled the trigger and bought a touch type tracfone on eBay. Triple time and all the bells and whistles. It had a make offer so I offered 30 bucks and it's on its way.

whatever you do, do NOT start playing CandyCrush.  :icon_smile_big:

Bob

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 25, 2018, 04:13:28 PM
Quote from: Bob on January 25, 2018, 02:56:55 PM

whatever you do, do NOT start playing CandyCrush.  :icon_smile_big:
:2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Candy crush....that's so last year. Fishdom is where it's at now man!

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 25, 2018, 05:50:21 PM
Candy crush....that's so last year. Fishdom is where it's at now man!

actually im totally hooked on Hill Climb Racer

Bob

Wow!!!
Got my new smart phone today. Transferred my number and minutes in under 10 minutes. I have triple for life on this one also. My old flippy went into the drawer. I can't believe how easy this thing is. It even has a radio.
Boy, where have I been! I feel 50 again.
Best 30 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Bob on January 31, 2018, 05:18:05 PM
Wow!!!
Got my new smart phone today. Transferred my number and minutes in under 10 minutes. I have triple for life on this one also. My old flippy went into the drawer. I can't believe how easy this thing is. It even has a radio.

Did you ever get that color TV to replace the black & white you were talking about?   :lol:
               Bob                

Bob

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 02, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
Wow!!!

Did you ever get that color TV to replace the black & white you were talking about?   :lol:
Not yet. The sound went out on it so I had another with no picture but had sound so I stacked them. The world can turn again.
Bob

birdsandbees

Quote from: Bob on February 02, 2018, 03:47:12 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 02, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
Wow!!!

Did you ever get that color TV to replace the black & white you were talking about?   :lol:
Not yet. The sound went out on it so I had another with no picture but had sound so I stacked them. The world can turn again.
Bob

:smilielol: :smilielol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

djcarguy

Bob

I can't help it. Loaded the McDonald's app and got a grand Mac for a buck! Loaded BK and Walmart also. Coming out from under the flip phone rock was a milestone. I sat at home, ordered my food, walked into McDonald's, selected I'm here and the called my number in about 3 minutes. Amazing technology. Now I'm feeling 30 again.
Forgive my rambling. It's like having sex for the first time. A little awkward at first but gets better with practice.

Bob

JB400

Any benefit to downloading Walmart app outside of online catalog? :popcrn:

Bob

Quote from: JB400 on February 05, 2018, 06:01:05 PM
Any benefit to downloading Walmart app outside of online catalog? :popcrn:
Yes, after you make your purchase you scan your receipt and it will search for better deals elsewhere. If it finds it cheaper anywhere else they mail you a check for the difference. My sister got a check yesterday for 44.78

JB400