DodgeCharger.com Forum
February 18, 2018, 10:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I have updated the list of DodgeCharger.com shirts!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superbird, Rotten or Golden Egg? U-tube clip  (Read 670 times)
Wingnut426

« on: January 20, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Saw this on U-tube. Sorry if its a repeat.  A few inaccuracies. Wingnut426

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYBqerPFyc

HEMI Superbird
HEMI Daytona Convertible
rainbow4jd

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.   

It's a myth!

I'll by anyone a DQ milkshake - if they can show any kind of real proof and not some "I heard about a heard about a..."
Montreal Wing Car

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:49:16 PM »

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.   

It's a myth!

I'll by anyone a DQ milkshake - if they can show any kind of real proof and not some "I heard about a heard about a..."

I also hate when that myth is perpetuated, again, on the Barrett-Jackson telecast, Mike Joy told the ''story'' as the Hemi Superbird was going across the block... I think Magnante would have smacked him if he heard him!

Ben
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:13 AM »

Saw this on U-tube. Sorry if its a repeat.  A few inaccuracies. Wingnut426

First I've seen of it.

Pretty decent and accurate.  Nothing substantially wrong there that I would get too excited about.

NO NO NO NEVER CONVERTED BACK!   A dealer would NEVER add dollars to sell a vehicle - you just keep discounting.     Think about it... you can' t convert it back to a roadrunner without changing the front fenders and the hood, not to mention the nose.  

It's a myth!

For my Superbird, the myth is partially true... The car sat at the dealership for quite a while, story we have heard before... When the original owner, Mr. Aquilar, then 17, went to buy it, he noticed the wing was removed and the tops of the quarters patched and repainted. Mr. Aquilar knew what the car was and told them to put the wing back on, which they did.......... So, the myth is partially true.. The sales manager removed the wing to make it more pleasing to the eye for the general public, but then walks in a person who knows what it is and wants it put back.. My car had the original paint on it when I got it and you can plainly see where the top of the quarters had been repainted and blended in ( the paint didn't stand up to the test of time like the original paint did ).

In the picture, you can see where the paint faded and started to have surface rust...... Even the big Plymouth decal was removed at the dealership and never put back on..

* 11796254_10204877624282022_7775178706038586625.jpg (70.1 KB, 960x720 - viewed 330 times.)

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Plymouth Superbird, 440 4-speed 3.54 Dana
Houston Mopar Club Connection
rainbow4jd

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »

No milkshake for the wing removal but I can appreciate a dealer doing anythingíto move a slow unit.  Iíve been in the dealer business for 35 years.   But Iím NOT going to add costs (add parts and labor) to then lower the price and sell it at the same price as a roadrunner.   Thatís would be STUPID.

Peel off the stickers with a heat gun and bondo or quick weld the wing holes. 
farm966

My 'bird

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »

I disagree. I believe the man deserves a milkshake!
rainbow4jd

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

OK, milkshake - but he has to come to Pittsburgh to get it!   cheers
Charger_Fan
Old Timer

Undercover Charger

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »

OK, milkshake - but he has to come to Pittsburgh to get it!   cheers
That wasn't in the original agreement!  icon_smile_big

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: