News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure if it's old news, Awesome F8 Hemi C500 @ Barrett-Jackson's

Started by hemi68charger, November 01, 2007, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMopar

I have a photo of my car taken one year after it was bought in the nude (Bare metal). Apparently, there was issues around the back window so the original owner had the dealership repaint it. He didn't like the repaint so he had it redone within the first year. That is why I wonder if the stripe was removed at the dealership or if it came to the dealership without it.  :shruggy:.

I figured the Bronze 500 would not pull that much,  just because 500's are rare but not that popular. I am anxious to see the F8 car results but I expect it will be lower than the numbers we were seeing a year ago. Wish I knew what time it will be on. Watching all those Chevys is boring.
:eek2: MsMopar

69_500

I agree, I am taping the whole thing. I watched all 10 hours of yesterdays auction in about 45 minutes. If you fastforward past all those Corvette's and Camaro's, and only watch the good cars it doesn't take that long at all.

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2008, 03:03:09 PM
I If you fastforward past all those Corvette's and Camaro's, and only watch the good cars it doesn't take that long at all.

:lol:  Not unlike many car shows.

69_500

Hey was that yet another  :poke: at me? Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know I don't look at a whole lot of cars even if its a large show.

Ghoste

Nope, not at all, if it was a poke at anyone it was myself.  I have several friends in town who own awesome Corvettes and Camaros and even though I'll stand and talk with them about their kids when we do one of our cruise nights, I couldn't tell you squat about their cars except that other Chevy fans are nuts about them.  I never see them checking out my ride either so an interest in cars is sometimes the only common ground I guess.  :shruggy:

69_500

So how much dissapointment was there when the F8 car went for $165K tonight? That is right around the ball park figure I was thinking, I was thinking it might go as high as $190K with the right 2 bidders, but with only a few interested buyers $165K-175K seemed the right figure to me. I know that  I said last night between $140-160K, so not off by too much.

Ghoste

It's a long way from 250k but it's still 6 figures so he should be happy.

69_500

That is about $50K less than they were asking for the car the last time it was for sale at Legendary. So I'm assuming that that seller took a hit on the car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2008, 09:32:32 PM
That is about $50K less than they were asking for the car the last time it was for sale at Legendary. So I'm assuming that that seller took a hit on the car.
the sad thing is if it was a hemi R/ T low miles it would have gone for more. !!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I don't know Stuart.  Personally, I think it's just not a good time to be a seller in no reserve auction situations right now.  It might have went for more as a non aero car or it may not have.

fandango Jeff

Just back from Barrett. The owner of the F8 was OK with the price and made some on the car. Wanted it to go higher, but..................They sure don't promote the Mopars anymore. Gotta own a Shelby to get any air time.
JEFF
That car's afflicted....Naw, it just needs some alignment hygiene.

69_500

Well I think that they did ample time on the two 500's as far as TV time goes. The problem I had with the auction is the amount of CIRCUS TIME they spend on stupid celebrity cars. Especially the General Lee.

fandango Jeff

69_500

I have never understood why some cars only get 15 seconds on the block, while what I deem other unworthy cars get 12-20 minutes up there. There was a few very nice cars that just blew over the stage last night.

BigBlockSam

Quote  And the Jesse James crap..................

I liked seeing that monster garage crap and i wish i could of bought that truck trike.that thing was cool . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 20, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
QuoteAnd the Jesse James crap..................

I liked seeing that monster garage crap and i wish i could of bought that truck trike.that thing was cool . Rene
yes that diesel bike is a trip , that would be like riding a rocket

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

fandango Jeff

It has sold twice since I took it to Scottsdale once in Palm Beach $135K on then again in Scottsdale for $165K same as we got.