News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The real future of hot rodding - a '68 Mustang gone electric

Started by Mike DC, January 21, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 30, 2018, 01:14:18 PM
Younger people are open to electric, but it's still in its infancy.

First petrol car....1886

First electric car....1834. ....................So not that much in infancy. Imagine where they might be now with the same amount of R & D that's gone into gas cars over that time !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Troy

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 31, 2018, 11:08:50 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 30, 2018, 01:14:18 PM
Younger people are open to electric, but it's still in its infancy.

First petrol car....1886

First electric car....1834. ....................So not that much in infancy. Imagine where they might be now with the same amount of R & D that's gone into gas cars over that time !
Well, the major difference is that combustion engine technology was feasible for many, many years when good battery technology just didn't exist. If you think about the evolution, fuel injection is what may have "saved" the combustion engine (well, then variable valves and all the new doodads we have today). Tesla started out with laptop batteries wired together so the advances in computers and demand for portable devices is really what makes electric cars a "thing" now. I'm not sure it could have been practical or profitable sooner (and technically it isn't profitable today). The electric motor technology has existed - the range was horrible without a power source. I think it is fascinating but also feel that things happen when the time is right. Not saying people shouldn't push boundaries - that's what will give us an even better alternative than we have now - but the overall advances in science will likely lead to an "accidental discovery" of something useful in a specialized area.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

INTMD8

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 24, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
Really?.....you cant take horses on the road in the USA???

Yes you can. I drove through a mennonite town when picking up my 68 Charger.   Horse drawn carriages everywhere.  They even have brake lights! 

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

alfaitalia

...I had to look up "Mennonite"......never heard that word.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!