News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A11 C500's worth less than A12's?

Started by aerolith, January 24, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

Why is that??? :'(

I have owned both and most Folks say, ''rarity does not mean more valuable''... :shruggy:

Should have kept my A12 methinks... :coolgleamA:

A12's are known as A12's, but A11's are not as a rule, weird?
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

hemi68charger

It is all about image....... Not only is the C500 a rarity, it is a little known rarity and to some, an ugly rarity with the grille. A12 Roadrunners and Superbees have always been a popular car due to its drag racing heritage, plus there were a lot more built than the C500...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Kowal

I've had two A12's, and now the C500.

Loved them both, and I think they are pretty similar but with the 440-6 and related performance hardware being more desirable than a 440-4 and thus probably giving the A12 the edge.    In the Mopar world, both are understood, outside the Mopar world I think the A12 has a bit more notoriety.   

I think that in looking at values, you have to factor quality in to it.   I think there are a lot more carefully restored A12's out there than C500's.   The Lift off hood forum website is a great website with a lot of detail as you know, and we in the Mopar world can be a pretty critical bunch over detail!    Except for the grill, A column and rear window, a C500 is still at heart a Charger, a lot more performance specific detail in the A12 that has to be done right!

Miss my A12's, but admittedly the hood was a pain in the butt on a windy day at a car cruise or show!

I live in Carolina, NASCAR country, the C500 is well understood here!

'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

odcics2

Maybe a positive PR campaign is needed by 500 owners!   :coolgleamA:

Here's a great looking 500, IMO.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

41husk

I am not so much worried about what car is more valued.  I love the history.  Im sure my kids will be concerned with value when I die and they go to sell all my crap.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on January 24, 2018, 09:23:35 AM
I am not so much worried about what car is more valued.  I love the history.  Im sure my kids will be concerned with value when I die and they go to sell all my crap.
just make sure you ,  will it to me   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I've never had any particular attraction to an A12.     More work to check oil. 

daytonalo

Quote from: 41husk on January 24, 2018, 09:23:35 AM
I am not so much worried about what car is more valued.  I love the history.  Im sure my kids will be concerned with value when I die and they go to sell all my crap.
SO TRUE !  Then they will buy new cell phones , rims and tires and talk shit about you ! Cut them out of will now !

Beep Beep Dave

Its pretty hard to come up with two actual comparable apple to apple cars A11 to A12.

I think 440 equipped Charger 500's are in the same ballpark, Hemi examples could possibly bring more? The one glaring advantage 500's have is that they fall in with the Wing Cars that had a very strong following since the early '70's and lots of production details, and owner history is often known. It is the product of lots of the people on this board that soo much about these cars is known.

One of the reasons that the A12 cars are soo popular is that Chrysler took it out of the hands of potential buyers and dealers who ordered these cars and created a cool package car at a very reasonable price. It seems like every A12 is pretty neat to me. I like 1970 Super Bee and Road Runners but an auto 323 geared car doesn't appeal to me. Add that to Six Pack, it is just soo cool to say and impressive looking.

As far as the A12 name I think it just easy to say as it isn't brand specific and covers both cars equally well.

Wouldn't you have loved to work for Chrysler back in the day....I love this letter:

Dave 

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

odcics2

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on January 24, 2018, 04:28:50 PM
Its pretty hard to come up with two actual comparable apple to apple cars A11 to A12.

I think 440 equipped Charger 500's are in the same ballpark, Hemi examples could possibly bring more? The one glaring advantage 500's have is that they fall in with the Wing Cars that had a very strong following since the early '70's and lots of production details, and owner history is often known. It is the product of lots of the people on this board that soo much about these cars is known.

One of the reasons that the A12 cars are soo popular is that Chrysler took it out of the hands of potential buyers and dealers who ordered these cars and created a cool package car at a very reasonable price. It seems like every A12 is pretty neat to me. I like 1970 Super Bee and Road Runners but an auto 323 geared car doesn't appeal to me. Add that to Six Pack, it is just soo cool to say and impressive looking.

As far as the A12 name I think it just easy to say as it isn't brand specific and covers both cars equally well.

Wouldn't you have loved to work for Chrysler back in the day....I love this letter:

Dave 

Nice document. 
:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

aerolith

Nice replies Guys!

We all know C500's are under-valued and that still gives real enthusiasts, a way into Aero!

Sold my Dodge A12 for £2500 and I don't regret it, as she was column change bench car in Scutterbotch... :eek2:
If she had been an orange Plymouth A12 with four on da floor, she would have never left the garage lol... :slap:

If C500's had got High impact paint then they would be $150,000 cars now, as paint color is 'King' in most cases! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623