News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pressure washing project car

Started by lukedukem, January 24, 2018, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

Hope this is the right spot...

I am going to be losing my storage for my 69 super bee (and my other junk cars) and I will be moving it to my garage to live next to the charger. Before I do I need to clean it but wasn't sure if I can do this....

Can I take it to the car wash and pressure wash it inside and out? I removed the seats and carpet, and there is no back window. The dash is still in it, along with the steering column. I'd like to clean it in and out. Also under the hood. I just want to make sure it won't damage anything. It will be on a trailer and it will be about a 30 min. drive to dry off. Then it will sit till I get to it this summer. Just more worried about the dash stuff. I'd like to clean that real good.
Thanks

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

garner7555

I wouldn't be scared to do that, but I like to take chances and live on the edge.    :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

sccachallenger

I'd do it, but worry about the dash, wiring, and engine bay electrical components.
If you can't remove everything, cover and tape off everything.
If the stuff gets wet, and then sits for months bad stuff can happen!
I'd remove the plastic when I got home so moisture won't be trapped.
Good luck! I understand the cleaning urge.

lukedukem

Thanks guys. I might just leave the windows up and do the outside for now.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC