News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW a 69 C 500 grill and headlight assembly

Started by fastmark, May 01, 2006, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastmark

I bought an original 69 Charger 500 grill and assembly several years ago and I wondered what it is worth. I am not real sure but are they uniquely modified Charger headlight assemblies?

kab69440

I gave $150 for a near perfect 68 Coronet grille last year. Yours may fetch a bit more if it has the 500 emblem still on it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

hemi68charger

Quote from: fastmark on May 01, 2006, 12:02:32 AM
I bought an original 69 Charger 500 grill and assembly several years ago and I wondered what it is worth. I am not real sure but are they uniquely modified Charger headlight assemblies?

Are you referring to as well the headlamp buckets the headlamp bezels attach to?  As stated above, the actual grille and headlamp bezels are nothing more than production '68 Coronet parts........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

The side pieces around the headlight are the only unique items on the grille. If you have the rubber strips that go on those pieces as well then I'd say it is definately a sought after item.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on May 01, 2006, 07:30:46 PM
The side pieces around the headlight are the only unique items on the grille. If you have the rubber strips that go on those pieces as well then I'd say it is definately a sought after item.

Mike and Gary over at Dayclona reproduce the filler with rubber strip........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

fastmark

I am refferring to the entire section that the grill bolts to. It looks like a standard 69 charger piece that has modified headlite buckets. It does have the pieces on the ends you mentioned and some little short pieces of metal to hold the Coronet grill in place.

hemi68charger

I'll go look on my C500, but the original headlamp buckets on the Charger a were left in place and then additional buckets attached to the front. Now, what these were from I don't know yet, but I would guess a '68 Coronet. Because the front grille-to-hood lines are different from a Coronet and a Charger, the headlamp bezel attach anchors are slightly modified, ie., shaved down some from what I can see.
I have a few closeups of the modified bucket area...........

Troy
Troy

fastmark

That is what I was wanting to know. I probably need to sell the thing. I bought it for a friend and he has never used it and it has been in my storage room for years.

hemi68charger

Here's what I have..... This is of Dana, my '69 C500 when I was taking some reference pics....

The bottom two are of the original headlamp buckets remaining after the standard grille removal....

Troy
Troy

69_500

I have photo's of mine being the same way there Troy. Headlight buckets still behind the 500 grille.

myrt70

There was a complete setup at Carlsile a couple tears back,the guy was asking $1500 for it. It was a nice piece,and had the corner pieces with it.
70 Charger R/T

moparfied

I saw one at E town a couple years back, the guy wanted 1650 for it

Ghoste

Does anyone have any "what they actually sold for" numbers over what vendors are asking?

fastmark

That is what mine looks like. Another friend wants to buy it to put into his 69 R/T. He has offered me $400 for it. I have two nice grills and headlight doors as well. I am afraid he would not use it and it would end up on ebay.

moparfied

If it is complete,and in good shape,its worth atleast three times what you are going to sell it to your friend for.