News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

compressor kicking on with heat?

Started by INTMD8, January 27, 2018, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INTMD8

Hi guys, after a bit of maintenance on my 68, bleeding the coolant system I noticed that when I push in the button for heat the A/C compressor kicks on.

I'm assuming this is not correct?  If so any ideas on what I should take a look at? Thanks!
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

cdr

it will, there is a humidity controller on the bottom of the ac case that turns the compressor on.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

INTMD8

Quote from: cdr on January 27, 2018, 10:18:41 PM
it will, there is a humidity controller on the bottom of the ac case that turns the compressor on.

Ah, thank you! 

:2thumbs:

Bronzedodge

From the 69 FSM, I'm sure 68 is similar:

"Time belay Relay (Coronet and Charger)
A vacuum actuated time delay relay is located on
the bottom of the fresh/recirculating air door housing.
The purpose of this relay is to reduce the interior windshield condensation to an acceptable level.
When the ambient temperature is above 25 degrees, and the heat or defrost buttons are pressed, the air conditioner will go on for a period of 1 to 10
minutes.
If the system is shut down for less than ten minutes no delay will occur upon restarting. The relay will reset automatically after ten minutes shut down."
Mopar forever!

INTMD8

Ran it again today and it works just as you guys described. So I guess it's not broken  :2thumbs:

Thanks again