News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pentastar embldem

Started by Raindem, January 28, 2018, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raindem

In my ongoing (and expensive) quest to obtain all the body emblems and trim for my '73 Rallye, I come to the fender Pentastar emblem.

From what I've read those only go on the right side, and only up through '72.  But I have a hole in exactly that position on both left and right fenders.  So, do '73 Rallye's have pentastars on both fenders or is there another emblem I'm not aware of that goes here?

Thanks as always

Curt

randy73

No, see link to 73 add. you might have a 71 or 72 fender. Also, Rallye's had the strip down the side.

http://www.oldcaradvertising.com/Dodge/1973%20Dodge/1973%20Dodge%20Ad-02.html

Raindem

Thanks for the link Randy.  That was helpful.  Even if I did have fenders from a previous year I've read that the pentastar is only on the right side.  I had holes on both sides.

It didn't make sense so I went out to the shop to take another look at it.  I noticed that the holes were actually too low for the pentastar.  Then it hit me.  The holes were for mounting the front of the rocker mouldings.

So a big "DUH" for me today.

randy73

Quote from: Raindem on January 28, 2018, 07:32:58 PM
Thanks for the link Randy.  That was helpful.  Even if I did have fenders from a previous year I've read that the pentastar is only on the right side.  I had holes on both sides.

It didn't make sense so I went out to the shop to take another look at it.  I noticed that the holes were actually too low for the pentastar.  Then it hit me.  The holes were for mounting the front of the rocker mouldings.

So a big "DUH" for me today.

I forget which years, but I believe either 71 or 72 and maybe both, they had emblems for the SE.

71charger_fan

'71 SE emblems were mounted on the C-pillars.