News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Free 8-track tapes

Started by lloyd3, January 29, 2018, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Back in the day I preferred my old 8 tracks vs cassettes...    they didn't wind up getting tossed out the window along with all the tape that got pulled out of the player after they jammed up like cassettes did.  Cracked up the last car with an 8 track around 83.
I held onto a bunch for awhile but tossed the rest out when I finally signed up to Columbia house to get a butt ton of CD's for $1 or whatever it was.   I still have a Pat Benatar 8 track she autographed in '79.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

lloyd3

I haven't forgotten you folks, I've just had some unanticipated complications here.  Maybe next week?

Alaskan_TA

I just picked up a vintage unit for the house, still has the original speakers.   I tested it out over the weekend with some Eddie Rabbitt & Alice Cooper  :METAL:

The FM radio picks up a lot more stations than the one I had too.

lloyd3

OK, the first three boxes went out today to the first 3-folks who contacted me with interest in receiving some tapes.  

Using the Post Office's biggest flat-rate Priority boxes, this is a test of a number of things:

1. My continued interest in charitable giving.,
2. How well the post office can deliver these now-ancient and somewhat fragile things with out destroying them,
3. How well the recipients receive & like them, & then...
4. How well these said recipients pay me back for the $18.90 flat rate charge for each box.

My return address is on the boxes.  When I've been compensated for these first three, the next batch will go out.

bakerhillpins

If you haven't already sent them, I believe that these qualify for media mail which is MUCH less expensive.  You should ask the post office agent before you ship them.   :Twocents:

[edit] oh, well, looks like you sent some out already...  so much for reading carefully. LOL
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

lloyd3

I found at least a whole box full of country & western (Waylon & Willie, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, etc.). Any interest, anyone?

Nacho-RT74

this is funny! By the time you started this thread I was at the same time watching some HiFi home 8 track players. I never checked this thread before but now.

I dream someday to get at home EVERY kind of audio player in working conditions just for fun, show and collecting, allong with music to play with them. Can't make it right now, but some day. At this moment just have a Revox Reel ( needs a deep mantenience ), Revox TurnTable and Tascam Cassette/CD combo player. Still need a Minidisc, DAT and 8 tracks players. Several interesting 8 tracks players on ebay can still be found and I was watching some just out for curiosity

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Alaskan_TA

Hey Lloyd,
A box of tapes arrived yesterday, check for postage is in the mail.

Listening to some of them now......

A pal of mine also lives in Parker, small world......

Thank you!  :cheers:

lloyd3

Barry: Thank you for that. Glad they got there ok.  Is your buddy another PA guy?

Alaskan_TA

He is a CO lifer. I was out that way to pick up a car & parts in November, it was good to see him.

VegasCharger

lloyd, any chance of having the Grass Roots "Lovin' Things" 8 track?

Been looking for awhile for that one. It has sentimental value as my dad played that one during our family vacations in the '67 Chevy station wagon.

:cheers:

moparstuart

got mine ,  check is on the way 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lloyd3

VegasCharger:  I only remember seeing a greatest hits for the Grassroots.  Next time I go digging I'll keep an eye open for it.

VegasCharger

Quote from: lloyd3 on February 20, 2018, 08:00:00 PM
VegasCharger:  I only remember seeing a greatest hits for the Grassroots.  Next time I go digging I'll keep an eye open for it.

Thanks lloyd. :2thumbs:

If you have the Grass Roots GH or any Grass Roots, I'll take them and gladly pay in advance for shipping.

:cheers: