News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New DD!

Started by alfaitalia, January 30, 2018, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Bought this a few days back....a new DD to replace my old 2003 Mercedes CLK. As you might guess from my handle I've always been an ALFA fan and pretty much wanted another since I sold my last ..an ALFA 156 V6 Veloce. This one is a 159 ...don't think you ever got them over there?? Living in a country with silly fuel costs and using this as a DD it had to be a diesel this time.....but this is a rare one with a 2.0JTDm 170hp model ...most are 150 horse 1.9 models. Having a few more horses and a LOT more torque than the Merc it feel significantly faster...and an average of over 50mpg helps to. A quick remap will net about 230 horses without hitting the MPGs much so that will be done. Its cheaper to insure and the road tax is less than half the Mercs too...all good. Yes I know its never going to be a reliable as the Merc (which to be honest NEVER broke...at all!) but we like classic cars so we all know there's more to it than reliability ....and she's very pretty inside and out. She's lowered 30mm all round on performance suspension too. Will get some better pics up if anyone cares but its nearly midnight here and cold! So these are the (very poor phone) ones I took at the dealer I bought her from!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

And you think they bitch about Audis here!  :lol:

Haven't seen an Alfa in a while. I used to enjoy them over in Europe. They always had fun peppy cars in the lineup.

Enjoy!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger_Fan

Congrats on your new acquisition! What year is it?

It's funny to me how tough it looks from the front...the sides & rear, not so much. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 30, 2018, 07:01:22 PM
Congrats on your new acquisition! What year is it?

It's funny to me how tough it looks from the front...the sides & rear, not so much. ;D

2009 model.
I here you about the design but you need to see it in the flesh.....the door handles and the fender turn signals look great together....rear lights are cool too! Will try and get better pix. They did a subtle rear wing for her which makes a big difference to the rear end visually ......very hard to find though. Cheers!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Q5XX29

Cool! Looks like a fun sedan. I bought my wife a little Alfa Romeo 4c spider last summer- it is a blast to drive! Only 237 hp from the turbo-4, but when the car only weighs 2400 lbs, it's really quick!
dakota_gt on Instagram