News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger SE help and info needed

Started by john686970, January 30, 2018, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john686970

Hi, I am restoring a 73 Charger SE and need some info and help with some parts. First off does anyone make a rear crossmember that replaces the factory piece exactly? This is the welded in part that ties the rails, spring mounts and tail panel together. Second, the chrome trim that goes over the roof. Mine appears to be chrome plated and had a couple deep scratches in it. I tried sanding the scratches out and that is why I ask if it is plated. Is there a good place around that can rechrome these pieces? I was also looking for Charger parts online and some places are saying the 70-74 E-body firewall is the same as a 71-72 B-body firewall. Can someone with a parts book check the original part numbers and let me know? Tym  for any help

randy73

Contact VegasCharger, he can probably help you out with parts. There are several places to get parts re-chromed, just do a google search. Here is one in florida that has a good rep - http://spacecoast-plating.com/

VegasCharger

So you need the roof trim for a 1973 Charger SE? This is the wrap around trim that goes over the top and follows the quarter window to the door jamb. It's wide band with half of it being colored (either black or white) and the other half being stainless. If it's for a non SE 73/74 Charger then it's a completely different trim. I have a full set for the SE version.

As far as the rear cross member, I do not know of any reproduction on those. I have a 73 B Body but it's a Satellite and not sure if the cross member is the same. I would need more detail on exactly what section you're referring to.

Firewall on E Bodies are different than 71-72 B Body but I've heard if you did some mods you can make it work for a 71-72 B Body. And I'm not sure what those mods are that need to be done. But you need a firewall for 73/74 B Body correct?

:cheers:

72Charger72

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 02, 2018, 09:46:17 AM
So you need the roof trim for a 1973 Charger SE? This is the wrap around trim that goes over the top and follows the quarter window to the door jamb. It's wide band with half of it being colored (either black or white) and the other half being stainless. If it's for a non SE 73/74 Charger then it's a completely different trim. I have a full set for the SE version.

As far as the rear cross member, I do not know of any reproduction on those. I have a 73 B Body but it's a Satellite and not sure if the cross member is the same. I would need more detail on exactly what section you're referring to.

Firewall on E Bodies are different than 71-72 B Body but I've heard if you did some mods you can make it work for a 71-72 B Body. And I'm not sure what those mods are that need to be done. But you need a firewall for 73/74 B Body correct?

:cheers:
Lower firewall matches upper halves do not.....

ralley72

Vegas is correct on the 73 SE vinyl top trim, I think the ones I have are aluminum.
another source for firewall and cowl parts is from 75 Cordoba's. I toke one apart a few years ago and matched up the firewall to a 73 I had, and they were the same.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

john686970

I have fixed my firewall I was just wondering as I am seeing a few postings on eBay and other sites saying they have 71-74 Charger firewalls. I don't think they are the same and I don't know of modifications to make e-body firewalls work. Yes the trim on a 73 SE that goes over the roof. Mine had a deep scratch in it that I was planning on sanding out and repolishing. It does not appear to be stainless as I have sanded through the chrome plating to bare metal. I either want to get these ones replated or get good replacements. What kind of price do you have on yours? I have a rusty 72 Charger I am going to cut the crossmember out of and fabricate new ones.

VegasCharger

Quote from: john686970 on February 02, 2018, 09:17:21 PM
.....I either want to get these ones replated or get good replacements. What kind of price do you have on yours?

PM sent.  :2thumbs: :cheers: