News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upper door pad clips, front and rear?

Started by pipeliner, January 31, 2018, 10:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

What kind of clips do I need for my front upper door pads to install them with and how about the back ones also? Anybody have and pics of them and any advice for the installation of the back ones? Thanks!!!

mopar0166

on my 69, I used my original pads,  the clips didn't always stay in when installing the pads.  Once and a while the pads would fall off and on the ground etc when closing the doors.   I used weather strip adhesive and glued them in place,  I've been happy ever since.  they install and remove with out issue. 

As for the hardware its fairly common to find at the restoration sites, but try and find it at a local parts store may be wasted time.   

cdr

the rear ones also use a screw at the rear middle & one at the very front edge.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

pipeliner

Ok thanks a lot. So does the rear one have any clips at all or just screws?

cdr

Quote from: pipeliner on January 31, 2018, 12:48:19 PM

There is a thin oval shape plastic piece that the rear screw goes into.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

VegasCharger

Quote from: pipeliner on January 31, 2018, 12:48:19 PM

Each rear upper pad requires 3 clips like mopar0166 posted a pic of along with each having two screws as CDR mentioned. There are slots that these clips slide into. Below is a pic showing one of the slots (red arrow). The other end of the clip inserts into a hole on the galvanized bolster bracket that attaches to the quarter door shell. These clips are the same ones used for the lower door panels.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

green69rt

The back of the rear pad has a nylon anchor that holds the pad on with a Philips screw.  Pic #1 shows what the anchor looks like.  Pic #2 shows where it goes.   I don't know of anyone that reproduces them.  If you need any, maybe someone on here can help you out.

pipeliner