News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you guys think of this car for sale? Hemi 500 on ebay

Started by DixieRestoParts, January 30, 2018, 09:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieRestoParts

I saw this car on ebay and thought it was interesting. A Hemi 500 4-spd for less than 100K. Certainly not an OE restoration, but for a Hemi car to jump in an drive and enjoy, doesn't seem to be a bad price. Definitely would need an in person inspection to be sure it is a solid car. I didn't see where they said it was numbers matching, and no fender tag pics, so those are potential areas to verify. If I wasn't knee deep in a '69 R6 RTSE resto, I'd seriously consider this car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-500-Hemi-4-Speed/253396676486?hash=item3aff9e6f86:g:bCIAAOSwlzRab-~L&vxp=mtr

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

A383Wing

Good looking car......

I was under the impression that the leading trunk lip edge was curved from side to side....this one looks straight, at least to me  :scratchchin:

moparstuart

been discussed her before several times  , Automatic car with 4 speed conversion if i remember right 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on January 30, 2018, 04:34:06 PM
been discussed her before several times  , Automatic car with 4 speed conversion if i remember right  

:yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,130563.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,129033.0/all.html

Here's a quote from the thread link above, from one of the car's former owners:

Quote from: LVSRT10 on July 24, 2017, 09:57:05 AM
Hey all,

I used to own this car, so maybe I can clear some things up. It has quite a colorful history. I'd be happy to answer any questions, but first the ones that have already been asked:

1) There was a tag on the car when I sold it to Bob West as a project car. Still have a pencil rubbing of it.

2) The car was born with an automatic trans, guy I bought it from did the 4 speed conversion (poorly I might add). Trans cooler was still in it when I sold the car.

3) The car was not from Utah, nor did it spend any time there as far as I know. It was in Las Vegas from about the mid 70s. The car show it was at was Spring Fling, and I trailered it there right after I bought it because I was excited about just getting the car. So the 500 registry is wrong.

4) It is an original T3 car.

5) Definitely NOT a survivor car.

6) Original drivetrain was long gone. Local machinist built the motor for a boat owner, last I heard it was grenaded at Lake Mead.

When I have a minute I'll tell you all the story about the car roaming around Vegas and how I ended up with it.

--Jeff

:cheers:

DixieRestoParts

Great info above. And that's why you do your due diligence.....
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

69_500

Still could be a very fun car though. Hemi that now has a 4 speed attached in an Aero package. All sounds like fun

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 31, 2018, 05:10:02 PM
Still could be a very fun car though. Hemi that now has a 4 speed attached in an Aero package. All sounds like fun
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: id own it in a minute if i could afford it 

69_500

Stu you can afford it. You buy this one and I will buy a different one

moparstuart