News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my daytona clone project

Started by Nwcharger, July 13, 2012, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

One more Satellite is going to spread its wings and fly :engel016:  It'll might even still have its rocket boosters :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Wow, pop-DOWN headlights,  those work great, I like 'em   :2thumbs:

Lighthorseman

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 17, 2012, 11:50:13 AM

Times two.   :2thumbs:  That video has me thinking.  Sounds nuts, but I really like the look of the square headlights...and since I'm (eventually) building a birdible, it's not like I am trying to pull off a dead-on factory look.  Would the vacuum system hold the headlight doors up properly at highway speed?

Nwcharger

Quote from: Lighthorseman on September 17, 2012, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 17, 2012, 11:50:13 AM

Times two.   :2thumbs:  That video has me thinking.  Sounds nuts, but I really like the look of the square headlights...and since I'm (eventually) building a birdible, it's not like I am trying to pull off a dead-on factory look.  Would the vacuum system hold the headlight doors up properly at highway speed?

i havent had anyone in front of me to see if they stay up but i would think they do. there are magnets that hold the doors up when the engine is off. ill have to find that out i guess :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

200MPH

those lights work great! :cheers: is that a pretty simple set up ? did you happen to take any pics of the lights?
Charger

djcarguy

Great find n price for the 70. i would like to run on a deal like that on a 68-69-or 70 belve or satellite to do a custom bird .think i would leave rear window and modify the nose to fit stock fenders.love the little 68-69 body side line and tail lights.  well great stuff you are getting and making,all the best.DJ

have you looked at the,     daytona clones around the world,     and ,  Wing cars in a  convertable state,  threads? :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Well it was good talking ta ya an catching up on the clone project. good ta hear you have it in garage an finishing up work on vega back window and body stuff.
         you sure are on a roll with getting mopars and wing projects,keep us postted. all the best on the builds.dj :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers: :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

Quote from: djcarguy on December 15, 2012, 04:51:31 PM
   Well it was good talking ta ya an catching up on the clone project. good ta hear you have it in garage an finishing up work on vega back window and body stuff.
         you sure are on a roll with getting mopars and wing projects,keep us postted. all the best on the builds.dj :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers: :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks man... I just got back from a heavy metal show in southern Oregon and picked up that 69 coronet i told you about on the way back. It's gonna be my A12 clone. I'll post some pics of it tomorrow.
1969 coronet wagon

chargerman69

does it matter using 69 hood then a 70

djcarguy

doing a daytona clone you will need a 70 hood  an fenders to mate up too the nose cone. 69 hood totally diff on front edge as it is rounded down .good luck on parts and build.dj   :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Nwcharger

heres some pics of my newest toy. 1969 coronet 440. i traded a 2002 Hyundai accent that i bought from a customer for 300 dollars. i put less than 200 into it and found the coronet on a used car lot. after some talking with the owner we agreed to trade sense he can sell a running car much easier than a project car with no motor/trans. i think i got a hell of a deal.. the daytona clone is in the garage and hopefully will be out this spring and have a few less colors. so many cars, so little time. im up to 6 mopars. 5 toyotas. 2 air cooled vw's. 4 hondas and 1 a class rv. no wonder my wife says i have a problem.
1969 coronet wagon

200MPH

How is the Daytona coming along? love the lights btw
Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: 200MPH on January 17, 2013, 10:49:34 AM
How is the Daytona coming along? love the lights btw
yeah what lee said   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

You are getting some awesome cars Cheap.  Any work on the clone ?

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 17, 2013, 03:52:21 PM
You are getting some awesome cars Cheap.  Any work on the clone ?

I guess, and the bodies don't look to bad either..  good deal.. :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Nwcharger

No progress on the Daytona clone yet. Ive been messing with my satellite. I got it running last week and its the first time it ran since 76 or 77. It's just a 318 but I'm building it so my wife can drive it and she wants to get decent gas mileage. Plus it a numbers matching motor/trans which is kinda cool to me anyways. I got a 70 coronet front clip for 350 bucks and started sourcing the hood extension and nose. I plan on starting another post on my superbird clone progress.
1969 coronet wagon

moparstuart

Quote from: Nwcharger on January 18, 2013, 01:25:35 AM
No progress on the Daytona clone yet. Ive been messing with my satellite. I got it running last week and its the first time it ran since 76 or 77. It's just a 318 but I'm building it so my wife can drive it and she wants to get decent gas mileage. Plus it a numbers matching motor/trans which is kinda cool to me anyways. I got a 70 coronet front clip for 350 bucks and started sourcing the hood extension and nose. I plan on starting another post on my superbird clone progress.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

Nwcharger

Quote from: djcarguy on July 21, 2015, 04:06:42 AM
:'(sold???sad ta hear  :'( :'( :'( :RantExplode: :brickwall: :'( :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:

Yea sadly I did sell the clone but it has a great new home on the east coast and will get the attention that I can't give. Really didn't want to sell it but I needed to pay off the c500 I'm buying.
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn:            :cheers:                           :2thumbs: :2thumbs: