News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

512 Stroker I'm Considering for my 68 Charger... Thoughts?

Started by Evoking, February 02, 2018, 10:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: pipeliner on February 06, 2018, 10:06:05 PM
Well there would be if he already had a rotating assembly for his 440. You can get all of the streetable power you want out of a 440 without stroking it. If I'm going to stroke an engine I'm going to go all out and I'm not going to run a weak, cheap,crap top end which seems like what most people do when they stroke one. If I was drag racing let's stroke it but I completely understand what you are saying about a complete rotating assembly if that's what he needs.

The 1st sentence of the topic implies he is searching for an engine.
Your idea of streetable power and mine are drasticly different
Completly agree on the top end woes constantly seen on these boards on most builds.
Im more towards drag racing and currently have 9 second mph out of a stock stroke 440...

pipeliner

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 07, 2018, 06:59:26 AM
Well there would be if he already had a rotating assembly for his 440. You can get all of the streetable power you want out of a 440 without stroking it. If I'm going to stroke an engine I'm going to go all out and I'm not going to run a weak, cheap,crap top end which seems like what most people do when they stroke one. If I was drag racing let's stroke it but I completely understand what you are saying about a complete rotating assembly if that's what he needs.

Completly agree on the top end woes constantly seen on these boards on most builds.
Im more towards drag racing and currently have 9 second mph out of a stock stroke 440...
I assumed he had a stock 440 and was looking at stroker assemblies. I know stroker motors put out monster loads of torque but it doesn't do much good in a street car if you can't get it to the ground and I'm guessing 7 out of 10 people can't get it to the ground so it's pretty much waisted power. I know how you racers think lol. And yes if he doesn't have a rotating assembly I can see going stroker.

cdr

Street Tires, yes these hook !!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

pipeliner

Quote from: cdr on February 07, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
Street Tires, yes these hook !!

Those are sharp, you are well prepared lol except for the rain....

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: pipeliner on February 07, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 07, 2018, 06:59:26 AM

I assumed he had a stock 440 and was looking at stroker assemblies. I know stroker motors put out monster loads of torque but it doesn't do much good in a street car if you can't get it to the ground and I'm guessing 7 out of 10 people can't get it to the ground so it's pretty much waisted power. I know how you racers think lol. And yes if he doesn't have a rotating assembly I can see going stroker.

I would say more like 9 out of 10... the f70 14s wont hold a 275hp stock 440. Lets not try to split hairs here.