News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird 440 4 barrel 4 speed engine details needed

Started by chaaargerb, February 06, 2018, 09:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

Hello everyone.
I am getting all the parts and pieces together to detail my motor for my bird.  The car is a 440 4 barrel 4 speed. I am looking for any good pics of the motor and trans restored and painted. what gets painted and what gets over sprayed. Is the heat riser bare metal or painted. I believe I have all the plug wire hangers but not sure on the locations. Also wondering about wiring from the distributor to the carb solenoid. The solenoid looks like it has 2 plug terminals but the wiring from the distributor only has one wire. I'm guessing the other connector is probably a ground but I'm not sure were it's attaches on the motor. I'm sure you guys have some posts on this maybe someone can post some links.
Thanks for any help.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chaaargerb

Thanks for the link. Only problem is Johns car is a 6 barrel auto. It doesn't really help.

BLK 68 R/T

chaaargerb

That link has some pretty good photos. Very helpful. I'm still trying to get some pics of the Solenoid wiring to the Distributor. The right side of the engine with the air cleaner off would be great. Thanks  :2thumbs: