News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where Are Prices Going ?

Started by JMF, February 10, 2018, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonzy

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 16, 2018, 11:50:34 AM
I see your point, but don't think that scenario will create a huge impact.  At least I hope not.  Most (but certainly not all) us old retired baby boomers worked our asses off to accumulate whatever wealth we've achieved.  Good for us if we are still healthy enough to go out reap the benefits of it.  I can't stand the entitlement mentality of some younger folks.  They are owed nothing.  If we raised our kids right, with good morals and work ethic, then they should have the tools and desire to build their own wealth.  Just waiting for Mom and Dad to pass and complaining about what they spend is just sick.....

Nothing says 'I love you' and 'I appreciate everything you did for me' more than waiting for your parents to have the decency to die so your own life can finally start.

70B5Cuda

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 16, 2018, 11:50:34 AM
Quote from: A12 Superbee on February 14, 2018, 07:10:15 PM
Another possible factor is that old people are spending the kids inheritance nowadays. They are taking those holidays, the river cruises in Europe, the trips to all the places they dreamt of as kids, they are spoiling themselves and flying business or first class, staying at 5 star hotels and drinking the good stuff from the top shelf and they are doing it often.

People are living longer, which means they are spending longer and there won't be that massive or even moderate inheritance for the kids, they'll be left with the small apartment that nana and pop downsized to so they didn't have to worry about the garden while they were off cruising the oceans of the world.

There'll be a flood of cars on the market in 20 or so years and no-one with the money to buy them.

I see your point, but don't think that scenario will create a huge impact.  At least I hope not.  Most (but certainly not all) us old retired baby boomers worked our asses off to accumulate whatever wealth we've achieved.  Good for us if we are still healthy enough to go out reap the benefits of it.  I can't stand the entitlement mentality of some younger folks.  They are owed nothing.  If we raised our kids right, with good morals and work ethic, then they should have the tools and desire to build their own wealth.  Just waiting for Mom and Dad to pass and complaining about what they spend is just sick.....

Agreed. If you're counting on an inheritance, you did something wrong. Waiting for someone to die just you get a payday is just wrong. I plan to not tell my beneficiaries what they're getting. Same goes for paying for my college kids college. I've seen too many college kids be irresponsible because "mom and dad are paying for it". I will be telling my kids that I will not be paying for their college. I believe that it will help them make better financial decisions since they will be responsible for the tuition bill. Maybe I can help them out after the fact but I am not promising that up front...before the decisions are made.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Complaining about younger folks being lazy & entitled is like complaining that their music is too loud & sexual and they drive too fast.  Young people aren't different now, we just got old. 

Brass

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 16, 2018, 05:22:29 PM

Complaining about younger folks being lazy & entitled is like complaining that their music is too loud & sexual and they drive too fast.  Young people aren't different now, we just got old. 

Agreed... and then some...

RECHRGD

Quote from: Brass on February 16, 2018, 06:40:30 PM

Agreed... and then some...

Not complaining about young people in general.  Just the ones that fit the description.  Every generation has had them.  Sorry I didn't articulate my comment enough for you.
13.53 @ 105.32

Fonzy

Think it rather has to do with decency than age. But what do I know I'm just a 29 year old kid :icon_smile_big:

Challenger340

:2thumbs:

That's my take EXACTLY !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

RCCthatsme

I'm about to pop $85K for one, so I hope the market goes up or now worse than sideways!

OldGuy

I like what my estate planning attorney had to say - "If you have any money left over for your kids when you die, then you didn't plan properly"...!  :lol:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

lloyd3

It does suck to get old, but...it beats the alternative.  Had mine out today (tried to cheer up my son after a hard day at school).  Pretty smoky on start up. Valve guides, I presume?  Got lots of attention at the gas station, so I guess it's still worth something. As far as inheritance goes, my boy isn't going to get much, other than a good start.  He might get the car someday, time will tell on that one. I'll likely be a serious codger by then.

Fred

Quote from: OldGuy on March 08, 2018, 07:45:00 PM
I like what my estate planning attorney had to say - "If you have any money left over for your kids when you die, then you didn't plan properly"...!  :lol:

:lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.