News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took a trip to hazzard county yesterday...

Started by 69wannabe, February 10, 2018, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Was good to get back to covington yesterday, haven't been down there in several years and I was ready for a day of seeing the sites again even tho I have seen them many times before it's still cool to see the buildings, roads, and area where the first 5 episodes were filmed at. Sadly Uncle Jessie's farm house is just a memory now, the only thing left is one portion of a chimney left that didn't get any real screen time except for one small scene. One other structure that is now gone is the barn at the repo house where the Rolls Royce was parked in, I got pic's of it about 6 or 7 years back and it looked like it was in pretty good shape then but i guess I was wrong. It is basically gone except the spot where the Rolls Royce was parked and the owner has his tractor parked in that little shed now.

The weather was great and we met a friend that lives down there and he was in his General and we loafered in it for a couple of hours to the sites close to the square and on our way back home we went toward loganville and caught some of the sites there. Alot has changed but alot still looks the same too, we started out at about 8:20 am and got back about 9:20pm. We did stop for lunch at the Mystic Grill in the covington square and got supper on the way in so it wasn't all just riding but alot of it was. It takes a good day to check out all the most popular sites and the atlanta sites we didn't even consider on a friday afternoon.

All in all we had a good day and we got to see alot that is still very much unchanged almost 40 years later!!!   

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

69wannabe

Sadly I didn't take any pic's, my buddy took several with his phone since this was his first time going down there but I have been there several times over and have several pics in an album. I'm still sporting an old flip phone and it doesn't take good pic's at all. I was just taking him down since he is a big dukes fan and even living as close as we do he had never been down there to see the sites.

Bob

I would love to take a trip like that. To bad you had no pics.

Bob

69wannabe

There are several now and then searches on google that are basically the same as where we went. We did visit the repo men house which not many people have pics of that location and like I said before the barn has fallen down which was there about 6 or 7 years back. I was sad to see it gone. Jon Holland has a good website with now and then pics of covington sites too. I wouldn't mind showing the sites, that's basically what we did friday, it is best to go down there in the winter months since all the leaves are off the tree's and that looks more identifiable since when they were filming it was in november and december 1978.