News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what did you do to prep your new leaf springs?

Started by chargermick, February 11, 2018, 08:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I just ordered new springs from espo. Did you guys just paint them and install them ? Is there anything else that needs to be done? Thanks in advance.

303 Mopar

I just installed them. ESPO springs are great quality too!  Unless you are going for an OE restoration, I would say throw them on.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 11, 2018, 10:42:13 AM
I just installed them. ESPO springs are great quality too!  Unless you are going for an OE restoration, I would say throw them on.

So are they substantially different from OE? Seems like they should be pretty close no?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

303 Mopar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 12, 2018, 02:21:30 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 11, 2018, 10:42:13 AM

So are they substantially different from OE? Seems like they should be pretty close no?

Yes they are close, but if you wanted proper stampings and I don't know if you ordered extra arch or rubber vs poly bushings. 
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

bakerhillpins

Crawled under the charger yesterday and realized that they are in worse shape than I thought. Looks like 69 b-body sets are $250 at ESPO?  How did you like them? I'm assuming that bushing are extra?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.