News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger-console harness

Started by NHCharger, February 11, 2018, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Currently trying to finish up the wiring. Bought all new harnesses. Converted from column to console shift. On my 68 Charger there was a plug in the dash harness for the console harness to plug into. On the 69 Charger, no plug in the dash harness. Cannot find any mention of it in the FSM.
Do I need to cut off the end plug and splice it into the dash harness, or am I missing something??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

70 sublime

On a 69 Charger does it not come across under the driver seat from the wires that go back to the tail lights ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

WHITE AND RED 69

There is nothing on the dash harness for the console wiring on a 69. It has its own harness that taps into the fuse block. Should be a pink and orange wire that runs from the fuse block to the drivers side kick panel and connects to another harness that taps into the door jamb switch. Then that connects to the console harness.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mopar0166

It is a separate harness, and it was added to the 21 cur mopar painless kit I got.  Their was a few items that had to be brought into the new harness but if you familiar with it, have the manual and instructions it can all be intruigated easily.   I have the A01 light package on my car and it all works fine and didn't take lone to make it work correctly with a painless.

Good luck with your build   :cheers:

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel