News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting the windshield washer area

Started by randy73, February 12, 2018, 12:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Not sure what the area is called, but it is the area where the windshield wipers linkage is.

How the do you paint this area??? :shruggy:

BLK 68 R/T

If its a 71 and up, I think it was all body color and then "blacked" out to where the top of the cowl breaks over into the engine bay.

randy73

Thanks, but I need also some ideas as to HOW to paint this area.

BLK 68 R/T

If it was mine - I would take the hood off, pull all the linkage out. Depending on what you are currently painting - engine bay as well? or are we talking only the top cowl area? I would either strip to bare metal or clean really well, then scuff it all up, clean it all again, mask and paint.

john686970

I think you mean inside the cowl? Inside the cowl area on these cars was only painted with the overspray from the cowl and windshield frame being painted. On my cars I am painting that area with Por15 with a brush just to kill any rust. Then they get painted like the factory did. Also not all colors got the cowl blacked out. Black, B7 or Jamacian Blue and I think the dark grey colors did not have the cowl blacked out. I can't be 100% sure on B-bodies but this definitely applies to E-bodies so I would assume it is the same.