News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger front bumper install

Started by ChargermanRTJH, February 13, 2018, 02:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargermanRTJH

Hello, The metal corner piece for the rubber filler between the fender and bumper does the wide side of it go UP or to the SIDE to support the rubber filler ??? Thanks

XH29N0G

I don't know the answer, but looked in the factory service manual and there are some diagrams in chapter 23 (for instance pages 23-11 and 23-12) that might have the information you want.  I have a paper copy of the manual that I bought off Amazon, but I think it can be downloaded at

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1970_Charger_Coronet_Service_Manual.zip
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

kent

Is this the piece your talking about? Have the parts and service manuals. And I think those parts on a shelf some where.lol

I have a few more pictures of this area. Let a fella know.

If I understand the question correctly. The side.
Kent

darbgnik

That black rubber coated piece on the side.... I think I have one of those in a box somewhere, was wondering what it was for.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

69rtse4spd

Welcome to the site, we all had to start new at one time.

dual fours

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

pipeliner

Does anybody have an extra one for sale? Can only find one of mind for some reason. I'll have to take a second look and see what side I have or are they both the same?

ChargermanRTJH

Hello, I love this site and THANKS for help !!!!  I am trying to get the car finished in time for the Detroit Autorama March 2nd thur 4th 2018, don't have any time to be on the site much, I will answer any questions I can to HELP anyone, that is the GREAT thing about this site. THANKS AGAIN PS the pictures helped alot 

kent

Quote from: darbgnik on February 14, 2018, 09:43:08 PM
That black rubber coated piece on the side.... I think I have one of those in a box somewhere, was wondering what it was for.....

I believe to help center the bumper and keep it from moving?? I think.
Kent

Alaskan_TA

To the OP, sorry for the rude reception you got & welcome to the site.

Some people we just have to ignore.  :yesnod:

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: pipeliner on February 15, 2018, 07:22:51 AM
I'll have to take a second look and see what side I have or are they both the same?

They are both the same.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 13, 2018, 11:52:42 PM
It would be a nice gesture if some members would come here often enough to build a rapport so that when they need help, other members are quick to help. Sometimes a member joins only to take, take and take rather than to give AND take.  :2thumbs:
You think that THIS is rude?
Are you living in a harmless bubble...? A  Utopia? Some of You guys are the picture of snowflakes that overreact at the slightest inconvenience.

pipeliner

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 17, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Quote from: pipeliner on February 15, 2018, 07:22:51 AM
I'll have to take a second look and see what side I have or are they both the same?

They are both the same.
. Nope. I just found one and they ain't no way they are both the same. I found the the passenger side. I tried it on the drivers side and no matter how you turn it, flip it or flop it, it won't work. You may can bend it backward and form the metal to make the passenger side work on the drivers side but that's it.

Alaskan_TA

Additional info from the 1970 parts book, same part number for both sides.

Alaskan_TA

kent

So is it the pad and bracket? Or is it the filler and support?
Kent

Alaskan_TA

The rubber pad is molded to the steel bracket - all one part.

darbgnik

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 17, 2018, 05:48:54 PM

OK, so according to your highlighted parts document, I definitely have one of those rubber coated bumper brackets, looks new too, I wonder if it came with the AMD bumper?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: dual fours on February 15, 2018, 12:12:37 AM
Here? (there's a pic of the support with a yellow box around it)
Hey Alaskan_TA, I think you missed this post.  They are in the picture you posted (support)but the part numbers are not shown in you list.   OK    now you guys can get back to scolding each other. :popcrn:

pipeliner

It may be the same part # in the books but if I could post pics I'd show you otherwise.

Davtona

Quote from: pipeliner on February 19, 2018, 10:27:39 PM
It may be the same part # in the books but if I could post pics I'd show you otherwise.

I for one would be interested in seeing the differences. I am under the impression they are the same also based only on the part number being the same.

:2thumbs:

hemigeno

Quote from: pipeliner on February 19, 2018, 10:27:39 PM

If you'll email the photos to me (address is in my profile), I will be happy to resize & post them for you.

hemigeno

Pete Veight pointed out that the original poster was asking about the support clip that fits in the corner of the fender-to-bumper seal, and not the pad.  To answer the OP's question, I'm pretty sure the wide side would go up, and that's somewhat visible in the photos already posted.

I've highlighted the parts book entries below, and FWIW there are different part numbers between right & left sides.

:Twocents:

hemigeno

Quote from: pipelinerYou can see the passenger side is correct but when you bring the piece over to the drivers side it just won't work unless you bend it backwards and from the metal to fit.

Accompanying pictures from pipeliner:

hemigeno

I would think the way the clip is oriented in the pic below is correct (passenger's side, with the wide flange oriented UP).