News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lower nose grille and frames around turn signals questions

Started by chaaargerb, February 13, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

Still plugging along.latest question is about paint on the grill and turn signal bezels on my bird. Mine are painted black. (what I thought was correct ) But looking at the pics of birds online it looks like they are body color. Is that correct? and is the grille mess painted body color or is it black or gray or some thing else? It looks like some cars are painted body color and some are some other color. Any help would be great!

Mopar John

Everything should be painted body color including the attachment screws.
MJ

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mopar John on February 13, 2018, 06:48:08 PM
Everything should be painted body color including the attachment screws.
MJ

To take it further, the grille pcs generally are a medium grey primer, now whether the pcs were "dipped" or sprayed in primer is a question, but the primer on most frames looks heavily applied, often with a lot of runs, giving the appearance it may have been dipped?... however, the grille frame and other assorted grille components were assembled in primer on the nose, then painted, so that only the front/surface should have paint on it, if your looking for an OEM look?...if so there's other assemblies and paint techniques that were employed often haphazard in appearance, an usually "overdone" incorrectly, or neglected in most of the current "restoration" 

oldcarnut

oldcarnut