News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 70 Charger and Coronet front fender lights the same?

Started by oldcarnut, January 31, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I may start looking for a better set for my 70 SB clone but was wondering if the Coronet lights are the same as the Charger?
Never mind, I see year one lists them having the same lens so it must be the same

Wingnut426

The lenses are the same, the housings are not!!!  On the Coronet lights the lens fits flush, canted on the Charger!  :Twocents: WINGNUT426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

oldcarnut

Quote from: Wingnut426 on January 31, 2018, 06:20:33 PM
The lenses are the same, the housings are not!!!  On the Coronet lights the lens fits flush, canted on the Charger!  :Twocents: WINGNUT426
Glad you chimed in  :cheers:  I thought the housings we're the same too.  What's the difference other than the canted?

Wingnut426

No other differences. The same goes for the rear red sidelights. Flush for the Coronet. WINGNUT426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Davtona

The spacing on the Coronet studs on the back of the housings are different than those on the Charger housings. 70 Charger studs are spaced further apart than the Coronet's. This makes the rear covers different also. On the plus side (for a Coronet person) I think NOS Coronet housings are WAY more available than the Chargers are. Charger housings are harder to find. My experience anyway. A lot of vendors claim they are the same. I think they will interchange in the cars but not the same. The spacing is a easy way to tell which is which.  :Twocents:

hemi68charger

I was under the impression that the rear red lens is different between a Coronet and Charger.. If I recall, the lens on a Charger has a lip on the topside whereas the Coronet doesn't, it is flush and uniform from top to bottom...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Wingnut426

I have Coronet rear side lights on my Charger Convertible. The lenses are not flush, they have a lip on the top edge.  Housings are different, not the lenses.  WINGNUT426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 02, 2018, 06:30:50 PM
I have Coronet rear side lights on my Charger Convertible. The lenses are not flush, they have a lip on the top edge.  Housings are different, not the lenses.  WINGNUT426

:2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 02, 2018, 06:30:50 PM
My dream car   :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

Just curious, why did the Superbird get chrome housings up front and painted in the back instead of matching either chrome or painted?  Charger has both chromed so why not put the Charger housing in the back?

Dave Kanofsky

The rear was the piece that was already in place on the Road Runner. 

I'm guessing marker light continuity was not their biggest concern with the time and task at hand.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

6pktgo

I ran into this over 30 years ago, & learned the hard way!  Here`s your housing part numbers. 

Charger Fronts-  3403 742  & 3403 743
             Rears-  3403 752  & 3403 753

Coronet Fronts- 3403 574  & 3403 575
             Rears- 3403 778  & 3403 779

The lens ARE the same, The housings & buckets or retainers are NOT the same. The easiest way to tell at a quick glance, & this has been mentioned before,  The Charger lens is recessed & the Coronets are flush.

CHARGER FRONTS  Pictured