News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fender scoops

Started by BS27ROB, February 19, 2018, 11:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS27ROB

I have a pair of NOS Superbird fender scoops and could use a pair for a Daytona.
Are they comparable in value for trade?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: BS27ROB on February 19, 2018, 11:32:04 AM
I have a pair of NOS Superbird fender scoops and could use a pair for a Daytona.
Are they comparable in value for trade?

Your holding the Trump card of wingcar scoops, esp being NOS, generally Superbird scoops command 1 1/2 to twice the value of comparable Tona' scoops from my experiences over the decades of buying/selling/swapmeets/etc

Aero426

Both are rare.   I've had multiple pairs of Bird scoops in my hands and only one left hand Daytona scoop - ever.     It will be difficult to find NOS Daytona scoops. 

BS27ROB

I don't need NOS, just trying to get a pair of nice original.

odcics2

I agree with Aero426. 

I've had a few pairs of Bird scoops, but also Daytona scoops! 

I have a very nice set put away for the #88, just in case the original ones aren't usable.
One side took some abuse in the woods behind White's race shop.
The plan is to save it, just like the rest of the original 200 mph front end. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Wingnut426

"You are holding the Trump card of wingcar scoops, esp being NOS, generally Superbird scoops command 1 1/2 to twice the value of comparable Tona' scoops from my experiences over the decades of buying/selling/swapmeets/etc"

This doesn't make sense.  There are almost 3 times as many Superbirds than Daytonas, So Daytona scoops should be worth more, in my opinion. WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 19, 2018, 06:17:43 PM
"You are holding the Trump card of wingcar scoops, esp being NOS, generally Superbird scoops command 1 1/2 to twice the value of comparable Tona' scoops from my experiences over the decades of buying/selling/swapmeets/etc"

This doesn't make sense.  There are almost 3 times as many Superbirds than Daytonas, So Daytona scoops should be worth more, in my opinion. WINGNUT

One would tend to think that production numbers, or lack of would generate/dictate cost....go out and price a set, you'll see the difference... another example is rear window trim, SB trim is always out-pricing Tona' trim

Mike

70 sublime

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 20, 2018, 12:23:10 PM
Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 19, 2018, 06:17:43 PM

This doesn't make sense.  There are almost 3 times as many Superbirds than Daytonas, So Daytona scoops should be worth more, in my opinion. WINGNUT

One would tend to think that production numbers, or lack of would generate/dictate cost....go out and price a set, you'll see the difference... another example is rear window trim, SB trim is always out-pricing Tona' trim

Mike

Supply and demand
More looking for Bird parts ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Aero426

Mike

Unless you are a Daytona owner who needs a set.   

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: BS27ROB on February 19, 2018, 05:12:11 PM
I don't need NOS, just trying to get a pair of nice original.

Are you looking to sell them?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 20, 2018, 01:37:44 PM

Mike

Unless you are a Daytona owner who needs a set.   

If you're a Charger 500 owner.  :icon_smile_big:  << if we're talking about rear window trim like Mike mentioned.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rob-dirt

IM LOOKING FOR A RIGHT SUPERBIRD FENDER SCOOP IF ANYBODY HAS JUST ONE TO SELL PM ME THANKS

wyliemn71

I need a RH Daytona scoop if anyone has one, got 2 LH with my car, thanks.

odcics2

Try putting want ads on the forum...
Some guys don't look here!  :Twocents:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

gregsrunner

I have an extra pair of Daytona scoops.  I might trade.  Need to get them out.  I'll be home next week