News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Ram SRT 10 feedback

Started by Ryan.C, February 13, 2018, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I am looking at replacing my Dakota with a full size rig. I have always wanted a ram srt but wasn't sure how it would be as a daily driver. Any feedback from a past or present owner would be appreciated.

Thanks
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

funknut

I looked into getting one 2 years ago before I bought my Durango.  I probably went to see 6-8 different ones and they had all been pretty well beat on.  Plus, you can only get the manual in the regular cab, which was a non-starter as I have 3 kids to tote around.  Another common complaint is poor winter traction.  Not sure if that's a problem where you live.  I assume winter tires and weight in the bed would help but unsure how much you can do with that kind of power.

From my research they are durable and require limited maintenance and no documented long-term problems.

Kern Dog

9 mpg around town if you are lucky, maybe as much as 14 freeway mpg. Crappy V10 sound no matter what you do. Plenty of torque though.

Charger1970

I had a beautiful white 05. My opinion is it didn't do anything good except cruise around. It had the factory hard tonneau cover so hauling stuff was limited. It rode stiff so wasn't a good road tripper. Just like Kern Dog said, crappy V10 sound. The seats were great once you're in them but not good for jumping in and out running errands. But I loved the feeling of all that power and shifting the 6-speed! Mine had a couple of mods and the computer said I was getting 17 mpg on the highway if I drove conservatively. Around town about 9 mpg. It took premium fuel if I remember right.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

garner7555

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 13, 2018, 11:21:35 PM
9 mpg around town if you are lucky, maybe as much as 14 freeway mpg. Crappy V10 sound no matter what you do. Plenty of torque though.

That's about as good as anything I have ever owned.    :smilielol:     I like full size trucks and SUVs so I just have to buy more fuel.   Another thing that drives that is that I have been in/around the collision industry for all my life and the full sizes are just safer.  Sorta like paying insurance premiums to me.   :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

RiverRaider

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 13, 2018, 08:30:33 PM
I am looking at replacing my Dakota with a full size rig. I have always wanted a ram srt but wasn't sure how it would be as a daily driver. Any feedback from a past or present owner would be appreciated.

Thanks

This is second hand information that I learned from a guy last summer who was asking me about my "built" transmission I had put in my 3/4 ton 99 V-10 truck.  He said his SRT is a hot rod with a box and not a truck.
He went on to say he bought the "cool" V-10 pickup and not the real truck that he needed.   He did say it was a lot of fun to drive and didn't have any problems until he started pulling
a trailer, when he started having transmission problems.  He said he got 12mpg without a trailer and 8 pulling a trailer.  He was surprised that I get 11 mpg with or without a trailer at 55 or 70mph.

41husk sold me the 99 V-10 truck on the forum back in 2012 a good truck from a great guy. Thanks!   
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

CAPER

I sold mine with about 9000 klm's on it.  Lots of fun, Black, 6 speed but  a seasonal vehicle here with all the snow.  Not very practical. I also got rid of a Hemi 2wd truck around the same time as it was useless in the winter.