News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper woes..

Started by 1charger69, February 15, 2018, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1charger69

Ok....here goes........reassembling.....turn the key on....3 speed wiper starts... I have both speeds but it wont turn off in the off position.....the back of my switch does not have an extra tab for the resistance wire....any ideas what my solution could be?  Thx guys

70 sublime

What year ?
Did it ever work before ?
Do you have a 3 spd switch or a 2 spd switch in the car now ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

1charger69

Sorry its a 69... motor works as i bench tested it....not sure on the switch.....can i see a pic of the 2?

Charger-Bodie

If you have a three speed switch it will ha four positions. Off. Low.medium.high.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1charger69

Then its def a 2 speed speed switch....how can i make it work?

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: 1charger69 on February 15, 2018, 08:15:35 PM
Then its def a 2 speed speed switch....how can i make it work?

Put a 2 speed motor on it or get a 3 speed wiper switch.

1charger69

So theres no other way around it?

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

1charger69

Welp...i lubed myself up and bit the bullet and bought one

BLK 68 R/T

Did your 3 speed wiper motor come with the correct crank arm on it? They are different between the 2 and 3 speed. Sounds like your car was originally all setup for the 2 speed, and you installed a 3 speed motor, is that correct?

1charger69

This has been a 20 year rotisserie resto so ive been acquiring parts for years...but i know it did come w a 3 speed wiper setup