News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is a fair price for a clean, complete 68 Charger grille ?

Started by Kern Dog, February 15, 2018, 07:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I know of a guy that wants to sell a collection of parts but they are not what I usually deal with. I have taken in several small collections of "A Body" parts and have a fair idea of their value. I am not as experienced in pricing things that are specific to a 68 Charger. Stuff like grilles, taillight assemblies, dash assemblies, consoles, etc.
What is a decent 68 grille worth ?

VegasCharger

A complete auto console in good shape $650.00 and up.

Shell
Top plates
Console lights
Harness
Trim
Carpet
Back trim plate
Console door w/latch

white

Kern Dog

Wow, thanks! It seems this guy wants to unload the parts in one transaction and the "buy-in" is sorta steep. I'll find out more of what he has and report back.  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: white on February 15, 2018, 08:36:52 PM
$1,500 for a good grille.
I had a good complete 69 grill, frame, vacuum pods, wiring, etc. for sale at the spring fling in Van Nuys last year for $1000 and people thought it was too expensive.   :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Swap meet buyers run the range of big money guys to penny pinching cheapskates! I have seen those 71-72 Duster "Sharktooth" grilles go for huge money, up to $2000 for a complete, pristine one. I would have expected a clean and complete 68 Charger grille to go for at least $1500. One glaring difference is that the Chargers all had the same grille each year. That Duster had 2 designs, the plain grille sometimes had different paint schemes as well.

VegasCharger

Park that sucker in my spot at Spring Fling and see what happens. Give me a rock bottom price that I can relay to the penny pinchers in case you're not around lol.

Lennard

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 16, 2018, 02:29:15 AM
Park that sucker in my spot at Spring Fling and see what happens. Give me a rock bottom price that I can relay to the penny pinchers in case you're not around lol.
Chris has that grill now, I traded it for labor.  :thumbs:

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Lennard on February 15, 2018, 11:10:13 PM
Quote from: white on February 15, 2018, 08:36:52 PM
$1,500 for a good grille.
I had a good complete 69 grill, frame, vacuum pods, wiring, etc. for sale at the spring fling in Van Nuys last year for $1000 and people thought it was too expensive.   :shruggy:

Two years ago, I had a complete 1970 grille with the front loop bumper as well as all attachments and mounting brackets for sale for $800 on a Kansas classified ad website.  It did need a few cracks repaired and teeth glued back in, but all of the pieces were there.  After getting a few low ball offers (one was $50  :eek2:), I pulled it off of the market and I doubt if I will offer it for sale again.  The grilles from 1970 are very hard to find... 
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Lennard

I hardly sell used parts anymore because I noticed that if I want to sell a part,  people will offer me peanuts for it... but when I want to buy a part, I need to pay top dollar.

F8-4life

In Ohio 1000 is more correct.
1500 would be a scenario were, either you find the one guy who needs it or an overseas buyer with $$.
That said,  you might be disappointed if you go in expecting 1500.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 15, 2018, 08:19:50 PM

Shell
Top plates
Console lights
Harness
Trim
Carpet
Back trim plate
Console door w/latch

I'd like to think that's what I'd pay for an entire repro console and repro accessories! is this a "west coast" price thing?, auto consoles on the east coast can range from $100-$250 for a complete unit with 69-70's being the most sought after minus the shifter assy, ....4Spd consoles are a completely different story as they have always demanded top dollar, $500-$900...

Bad B-rad

Yeah I am on the east coast and have an auto console, and haven't gotten on decent offer!!!
like Lennard said, when you sell you cant get any cash, but when you need a part its top dollar!!!, LOL

VegasCharger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 16, 2018, 06:00:19 PM
I'd like to think that's what I'd pay for an entire repro console and repro accessories! is this a "west coast" price thing?, auto consoles on the east coast can range from $100-$250 for a complete unit with 69-70's being the most sought after minus the shifter assy, ....4Spd consoles are a completely different story as they have always demanded top dollar, $500-$900...

Yes or a console in mint condition. My friend is in over $1200.00 buying a combo of used/repop parts getting a complete console set-up. But this also includes him buying the shifter/linkage stuff too. Adds up quick if you piece it together.

:cheers:

JB400

Whatever it's worth to you.  If you think it's worth a million dollars, that's what you list it for.  It just better look and perform like it though.

Troy

Quote from: white on February 15, 2018, 08:04:03 PM
$1,500.00
Quote from: F8-4life on February 16, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
In Ohio 1000 is more correct.
1500 would be a scenario were, either you find the one guy who needs it or an overseas buyer with $$.
That said,  you might be disappointed if you go in expecting 1500.
I have a pile of them for sale at those prices... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

VegasCharger

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 15, 2018, 08:19:50 PM

Shell
Top plates
Console lights
Harness
Trim
Carpet
Back trim plate
Console door w/latch

Remember this reply here by me? Well here's a screenshot of someone selling just the top plates for a '69 console for $650.00 let alone the whole console lol.

This screenshot is from a Facebook Mopar group. It's lame and I never bought or sold anything off of that group. I have no luck with Facebook as far as Mopar stuff after somebody referred it to me, saying "You gotta try it, it's great for buying selling Mopar parts". Yeah right, whatever.

:cheers:

Kern Dog

Hoe-leee--CRAP !
Surely a candidate for a post in a "DElusional parts sellers" thread!