News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help - Torq thrust original or Torq thrust D with 275/60's for my 69 RTSE?

Started by RTsehibb, February 16, 2018, 02:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTsehibb

Hi all, forgive me for my first time rim question! 

My 14" Radial TA's are over 20 years old, time for a 15" upgrade with a "Rake" for a period correct hot rod look. 

I have searched the entire thread for months to find a consensus if the Torque Thrust Original 15 x 8.5 3.81 backspace will fit with a 275/60/15 Cooper Cobra on the back of my all original 69 RT SE (Original quarters 8 3/4 rear with the 11" drums KYB gas shocks).  I know other member here have that combo. 

I love the nostalgic look of the TTO rims but the backspace has me worried about fender clearance. 

An option would be to just bite the bullet and get the Torque Thrust D rims that are 8" wide but have a 4.5" backspace - but the rounded spokes on the D look to modern to me.  American Racing has confirmed no custom offsets are available for that TTO rim.  US Mag has a rim that is close, but for me, no cigar!  The price on these american racing rims are outstanding (Chinese made obviously) and Americas Tire has the Presidents day sale this weekend to boot! 

From reading this great site I realize a 4.5" backspace on a 8.5" rim 275/60 tire combo is the ideal size, but for those out there who went for the 3.81" backspace and the 275/60/15 tire on the rear of their Charger---Do you have any regrets? Any rubbing on the fenders yet?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!