News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Piant vs Wrap for my Charger's hood....?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, February 16, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

So, I am debating to have my Charger's hood painted or wrapped?

I would like it to match the color of my Charger, EW1 Eggshell White or maybe gloss black instead of the flat black.

Has anyone had experience with a wrap? I was thinking I would save tons compared to having it painted.

Will a wrap ruin the metal or is it difficult to strip if you decide to paint?

Thanks all.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Troy

I doubt you'll save money over non-metallic white paint. Wrap isn't terribly cheap to have installed and it's not a long term solution so you end up doing it every few years. Plus, it isn't available in unlimited colors so finding a match to that white may be difficult. Wrap only covers the outer surfaces so you hood will still be an off color when it's open.

You could shoot it yourself with a Single Stage paint and wet sand/buff the heck out of it. Metallic colors aren't so easy.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JR

Wraps aren't fun to remove two years later. Especially vinyl that's been installed on horizontal surfaces being cooked by the sun's UV rays, and the heat of the engine.

If you do decide to go with vinyl, use the best quality stuff you can find, as the cheap stuff is a royal pain to remove later.

But l again, for what you'll pay for the material, you may as well buy the paint instead and be done with it.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Moparsaver