News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian Member - Buying Parts from USA

Started by MOsman82, February 17, 2018, 06:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOsman82

Hi,

I've been hanging around the forum for some time now.

Getting started on restoring my 68 Charger and need to source some parts from the USA.

Individual vendors/retailers seem unprepared to send items Sea Freight (i'm in no rush) and I'm not prepared to pay DHL/Fedex AIR Freight costs for what will amount to 10-15 individual shipments.

Can anyone recommend a method or service to economically (shipping-wise) import parts to Australia?

I'm currently looking at the likes of MyUS and comgateway (who provide a us shipping address and consolidation service) but their business seems very fashion/cosmetics/video games focused and I'm just not sure their service is appropriate for what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance for any guidance that can be offered.

Mike

Alaskan_TA

I have a pal in the LA California are that does this, sends cars & boats over to AU, brings some cars back.

Small parts too.

Email me at sixpak340(insert at symbol here)att.net & I'll forward his email address to you.

Aussiemadonmopars

Depends which side of the AU you're on. I'm on the West side and I've hooked up with a freight forwarding company here that the local car clubs use. Beware though, there are some unscrupulous people around that may try and misplace parts, always try and get in with the ones other people use, even if they are a little more expensive your guaranteed to get your parts. 

DixieRestoParts

We ship small parts overseas, typically by the postal service. Larger stuff, our customer has used freight forwarders. If we can help, please let us know.

Thanks,
Randy
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

charger Downunder

Shipping is cheap these days compared to years ago, remember you will be charged duty if value exceeds i think $1,000. Mega parts is reasonable on shipping to Australia.
[/quote]