News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B Body brake booster difference?

Started by boss429kiwi, February 17, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi

Spent the whole morning removing my blown brake booster from my Superbird, to find that the new booster supplied by Year One does not fit!!  :flame: :RantExplode:

The vertical mounting studs on the booster are to narrow. They are approx 85mm were the original is approx 102mm
Anyone know if there is a difference in 70 boosters, and what I may have.

Extremely frustrating, as it took 2 weeks to get here!

Cheers
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

A383Wing

I've heard of this before.....but it was so long ago that I don't think an answer was ever given.....

Maybe different boosters installed at different assembly lines??

One booster was "Bendix".....and I can't remember the other

375instroke

boss429kiwi

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

375instroke

The repro Bendix disc boosters do require opening up the center hole.  I can't remember if I had to modify the stud holes, though.  I don't know the exact difference, but the Hemi boosters have different stud sizes and spacing, I think.

Update, I did find this pic.

Mopar Nut

That's a problem with Yearone, it's a guessing game with them. Send your original booster to Booster Dewey, you won't have that fitment problem.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bronzedodge

X2 on Booster Dewey.  Sent him mine, came back great. 
Mopar forever!

pipeliner

My brake booster from Year One for my 70 Charger was on the money. No modifications to any of it. Fit and worked awesome. I used part# dsr70. They list 2 boosters one for 66-70 b body and one for 70-74 b and e body and that's the one I got.

green69rt

I used Dr Diff.  Had a good conversation with him and he warned me that a lot of repro boosters require modification of the holes.  He sent me one that only required me to enlarge the center hole.  Everything else worked perfectly.  There is also a adjustment to the output shaft to the MC.  Adjustment is very important!!

Those "down under" are at a disadvantage because of shipping issues.