DodgeCharger.com Forum
December 13, 2018, 07:05:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: inner rear window trim ??  (Read 694 times)
Highbanked Hauler
Old Timer

« on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

Has anyone used the repro inner rear window trim for our cars and if so what is your opinion of it ?

69 Charger 500, original owner  
 68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
 92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
 04 PT Cruiser
A383Wing
Old Timer

Old, Lost & Confuzed

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »

I'm assuming you are referring to the plastic inner trim that snaps on around the window?

If so, I have used the reproduction pieces on a stock tunnel back window car....the curved pieces really did not fit well out of the box, so I had to use a heat gun and very carefully work the pieces to fit better

Bryan
Highbanked Hauler
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »

I'm assuming you are referring to the plastic inner trim that snaps on around the window?

If so, I have used the reproduction pieces on a stock tunnel back window car....the curved pieces really did not fit well out of the box, so I had to use a heat gun and very carefully work the pieces to fit better

Bryan
    Yea, mine is so brittle that it is falling apart so like a lot of stuff you "make it fit" I guess.

92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
 04 PT Cruiser
DAY CLONA
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »

Has anyone used the repro inner rear window trim for our cars and if so what is your opinion of it ?

I've purchased the inside rear window trim for several different models (B bodies) from Legendary, IIRC the brand was AccuTrim, Zero issues with installation, no mods needed other than trimming the ends to my desired liking, and color changes, as they only offer the trim in black only...

Mike

still winging it at www.officialdayclona.com
white

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 04:15:05 AM »

I had issues too. The first set I bought the plastic broke due to being very brittle, sent it back after talking to the company. 2nd set the corners pieces did not fit well so had to pre heat them ,then mounted and worked fine.
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 07:08:44 AM »

I had issues too. The first set I bought the plastic broke due to being very brittle, sent it back after talking to the company. 2nd set the corners pieces did not fit well so had to pre heat them ,then mounted and worked fine.

Did you preheat with boiling water or heat gun?

Cheers,
Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Plymouth Superbird, 440 4-speed 3.54 Dana
Houston Mopar Club Connection
Highbanked Hauler
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »

Did you preheat with boiling water or heat gun?

Cheers,
Troy
             So I make it fit,take it back off then paint it.. yesnod

92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
 04 PT Cruiser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: