News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first recital... Man, it was cool, but a wee bit nervous.. Zeppelin

Started by hemi68charger, May 07, 2018, 07:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, when I turned 52 two years ago, I said to myself as I looked at the nice acoustic guitar my family bought me for Christmas some years prior, "It's time to learn that thing, I have always loved the guitar in rock songs."... So, I started taking lessons 30 minutes a week at a shop our church worship team's drummer owns. It was slow starting being that I have a regular fulltime job and this other passion/hobby called Mopar.. But, I actually started getting better and learning songs I really like; Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, some contemporary Christian bands like Elevation Worship, Chris Tomlin, Cory Asbury..  So, at 54, my instructor talked me into doing my 1st live recital.. I was reluctant at first, but he said I was ready..

Well, I dove into, practiced and practiced and learned it; Led Zeppelin's Kashmir in DADGAD tuning............ Never in a million years did I ever think I could play a Zeppelin song growing up......... Guess I proved myself wrong........ It was fun I do have to say hearing my guitar on the nice sound system when I was up on stage...... Needless to say, out of the plethora of students who sang and played that day, I was the oldest.....  ;D

Troy's Led Zeppelin's Kashmir recital
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

johnnycharger

Mytur Binsdirti

Ponch ®

Kick ass! Never too late.

I'm entirely self taught, so I kinda suck even tho I've been playing on and off since I was in my teens. This is motivation.

Been using an app called "Yousician". I kinda like it because it makes me go back to the fundamentals and I feel like it helps me improve, even if its stuff I already know.

BTW - that LP is not looking too shabby. Details?  or is it in the "Post a pic of your guitar thread"?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 07, 2018, 02:29:50 PM

BTW - that LP is not looking too shabby. Details?  or is it in the "Post a pic of your guitar thread"?

Thanks everyone..

Ponch, didn't know, or at least I don't remember, a guitar thread.. But, it is a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.. I love it..  Sounds great... Bought it just for this song since that is what Jimmy Page used.. But now, I will use it a lot more to compliment my Fender Strat
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 07, 2018, 04:07:19 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on May 07, 2018, 02:29:50 PM

Thanks everyone..

Ponch, didn't know, or at least I don't remember, a guitar thread.. But, it is a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.. I love it..  Sounds great... Bought it just for this song since that is what Jimmy Page used.. But now, I will use it a lot more to compliment my Fender Strat

Here ya go...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35651.0.html
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West