News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pedal/switch question

Started by 68ChargerJMP, February 21, 2018, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

Manual brake, automatic trans pedal setup....Is there a tab that presses on the brake light switch, or does the bolt that fastens the pushrod press it?....Or does the pedal arm itself do it? If it is a bracket or tab, can someone post a pic? Thank you.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68ChargerJMP

Thanks, but I really can't see what is depressing the switch in the pic.

cdr

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on February 21, 2018, 09:28:25 PM
Thanks, but I really can't see what is depressing the switch in the pic.

plain as day :) flat spot on the push rod is touching the button, try enlarging the screen in the settings  :shruggy:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

68ChargerJMP

Gotcha, thanks. Your "a" at the top of the picture was throwing me. I thought you were answering "a" as if my choices on my question were a,b or c? So, I was thinking to myself, " I don't see a tab", that would be "b" not "a".  Anyway, moving right along. Thanks.

cdr

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on February 22, 2018, 09:33:30 AM
Gotcha, thanks. Your "a" at the top of the picture was throwing me. I thought you were answering "a" as if my choices on my question were a,b or c? So, I was thinking to myself, " I don't see a tab", that would be "b" not "a".  Anyway, moving right along. Thanks.

Thats cool, when you post a picture on here if you dont have words in the post, it wont let you post , so I just put an A in it. hope this has helped you :)

68ChargerJMP