News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dyeing Floor Mats?

Started by Captain D, February 26, 2018, 12:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

I read on another online site that someone wanted to alter the color of his floor mats without paying upwards of $200 for a new set, so he: bought RIT dye powder (from Walmart), mixed it with water, and sprayed it from a basic plastic bottle sprayer and it seemed to work. However, he noted that he used a brush to 'massage' the new color into the fabric material but he didn't mention what kind of brush exactly (this was an old post in another forum). Just curious if anyone has tried this, how it turned out, how long it may last, etc. In the end, it may be better just to buy new ones a different color altogether. But, if it saves a couple hundred bucks I may be willing to give it a shot,  ;).

Thanks a bunch for any experiences to share...  

Bronzedodge

I did this with a carpet set I bought from a friend.  It was brown, I wanted black.  I used Rit dye and a clean plastic trash can.  I used hot water and did it in the middle of summer.  I let it sit for 6 hrs, turning it a few times to get the color even.  Wear good rubber gloves.  Has held up great.
Mopar forever!