News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heading to Las Vegas soon( I am back. Updated with pictures )

Started by johnnycharger, February 27, 2018, 10:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi All
I am going to Las Vegas for a few days. Bringing the family(our kids are 12 and 14). Do you have any suggestions for things to do? Preferably car related? Pretty sure we will hit Pawn Stars, Tanked and Counts Customs, but unsure after that. I have already done the Google search and regular travel sites but I want your opinions.

Mytur Binsdirti

Not car related, but the Hoover Dam is a must see.

Lennard

Rick's restorations used to have a tour around their place.  Don't know if they still do that.
Freemont street is also a nice place to visit.

INTMD8

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 27, 2018, 10:30:32 AM

For sure.

Since you're right there you could rent a car and drive up through the Valley of Fire state park. Awesome roads and scenery.

Last time I was there I also rented a boat and cruised around Lake Mead, highly recommended.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

hemi68charger

Kids, if they are into amusement rides, would like New York, New York...... Vegas has gotten more family-centric over the years..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ponch ®

Quote from: INTMD8 on February 27, 2018, 11:55:00 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 27, 2018, 10:30:32 AM

For sure.

Since you're right there you could rent a car and drive up through the Valley of Fire state park. Awesome roads and scenery.

Last time I was there I also rented a boat and cruised around Lake Mead, highly recommended.

Valley of Fire is def a nice place to go for a long drive. Did a cruise/run with a car club a few years back.  

Also, Hoover Dam is worth your while. Last time I was there in November, the wife and I even splurged for a 3 minute (that's right, 3 minute) helicopter flight above the dam for $39 each - it was short but very cool.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

johnnycharger

Thank you all for the great suggestions! Sounds like some good stuff!

@Ponch- 3 minutes!? Start to finish? 

Kern Dog

I'll bet SOME of the members here have paid MORE than $39 for 3 minutes of fun.    :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: johnnycharger on February 27, 2018, 10:12:54 PM
Thank you all for the great suggestions! Sounds like some good stuff!

@Ponch- 3 minutes!? Start to finish?  

Yeah, it basically takes off does a quick loop and lands.

Id never been in a chopper and always wanted to, so it was pretty cool. Its literally a helipad and a trailer (where you sign your life away and pay) on the side of the road as youre driving into hoover dam.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

johnnycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 27, 2018, 11:18:23 PM
I'll bet SOME of the members here have paid MORE than $39 for 3 minutes of fun.    :smilielol:

Bwahahaha! !!!!!

chargerbr549

If your going to Hoover dam there is a ghost town called Nelson Nv just about a half hour south of the dam, some cool stuff to see and there is an old gold mine that they give tours through, its called Elderado Canyon Mine tours plus the Colorado river isn't too far away.

Some good places to eat;

Big Dogs Brewing Co       They have good burgers.

Road Kill Grill on 3730 Thom Blvd     If you want a really good BBQ place to eat in Vegas also great people that run the place.

Southwest Diner in Boulder City which is basically on the way to the Hoover dam. Its in the older part of Boulder City has some neat old buildings and things to see.

johnnycharger

Quote from: johnnycharger on February 28, 2018, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on February 27, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

Bwahahaha! !!!!!

That sounds like fun!

johnnycharger

Quote from: chargerbr549 on February 28, 2018, 12:32:29 AM
If your going to Hoover dam there is a ghost town called Nelson Nv just about a half hour south of the dam, some cool stuff to see and there is an old gold mine that they give tours through, its called Elderado Canyon Mine tours plus the Colorado river isn't too far away.

Some good places to eat;

Big Dogs Brewing Co       They have good burgers.

Road Kill Grill on 3730 Thom Blvd     If you want a really good BBQ place to eat in Vegas also great people that run the place.

Southwest Diner in Boulder City which is basically on the way to the Hoover dam. Its in the older part of Boulder City has some neat old buildings and things to see.

This will really get my wife excited.  She loves ghost towns and anything haunted. 

INTMD8

Just thought of a few more things. Burger brasserie in the Paris, excellent.

We did a hot air balloon ride and it was very relaxing, I think kids would like it?

Mob museum was alright, not really kid friendly of course. I liked looking at the displays but didn't have the patience to sit through all the videos.

Fremont street at night is a must see if you haven't been.  Keep the kiddies on a tight leash.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

johnnycharger

gtx6970

Wife and I have been there 3 times so far. Love it

We are going again this April and taking my 2 daughters 17 and 20

We will take a day and run down to the dam . Want to see a show or 2 . Otherwise we will dont plan anything. Just let the events fall where they may and it has served us well when there

johnnycharger

I appreciate all the input from everyone. We just got home late last night. It was a good trip. I was out voted on most of the plans because the kids just wanted to hit Circus Circus.  I did get a chance to go to Counts Kustoms and ATM. We stopped by Area 51 on our way home.

johnnycharger

More pics

johnnycharger

Not my prius but the sticker made me laugh.

Kern Dog

Lennard

tcs69rt

Nice pics. I was stationed in Vegas 95-02. I remember Danny aka The Kount on late night TV hosting old drive-in horror movies. The hearse was always at local bike shows back in the 90's before they were on The Discovery Channel.  :popcrn:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

67440chrg

johnnycharger

Ponch ®

Quote from: tcs69rt on March 06, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Nice pics. I was stationed in Vegas 95-02. I remember Danny aka The Kount on late night TV hosting old drive-in horror movies. The hearse was always at local bike shows back in the 90's before they were on The Discovery Channel.  :popcrn:

Ive seen those on youtube. Gold.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_16Q0qE3ERM