News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick Jack feedback wanted

Started by 66FBCharger, February 27, 2018, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Does anyone own a Quick Jack? I saw one at the Chryslers at Carlisle last year. I was thinking about getting one to be able to do oil changes, tire rotations and check and do brakes on my newer cars ('13 Dart, '17 Challenger GT). These cars don't really have a great place to jack them up like the old cars.
I'm interested in hearing what you think of this idea.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Aero426

Quote from: 66FBCharger on February 27, 2018, 12:05:44 PM
Does anyone own a Quick Jack? I saw one at the Chryslers at Carlisle last year. I was thinking about getting one to be able to do oil changes, tire rotations and check and do brakes on my newer cars ('13 Dart, '17 Challenger GT). These cars don't really have a great place to jack them up like the old cars.
I'm interested in hearing what you think of this idea.

I am interested in one of these as well.     I would jack up most new cars at the lift points on the rockers using the optional pinchweld blocks. 

chargermick

I don't much about the quick jack, but I bought a used Snap On scissor lift for $1400.00 2 years ago. I love it. It's perfect for a standard garage with 8' ceilings, and it picks up the Charger like butter,

billssuperbird

I got a scissor jack 2 years ago. The BEST thing I ever did.

johnnycharger

johnnycharger

Quote from: billssuperbird on February 28, 2018, 11:59:26 AM
I got a scissor jack 2 years ago. The BEST thing I ever did.

What one did you go with? Is there any thing that you cant do with it that you thought you could?

chargermick

Can't work on the exhaust because the center isn't open. That's about it.

BDF

Ryan.C

Quote from: chargermick on March 08, 2018, 07:55:39 PM
Can't work on the exhaust because the center isn't open. That's about it.

With that jack/lift you cannot remove a transmission, driveshaft or anything under the car ?????? 
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Aero426

Quote from: Ryan.C on March 09, 2018, 08:38:02 AM

With that jack/lift you cannot remove a transmission, driveshaft or anything under the car ??????  

And that has been the sticking point with me.     This Bend Pack scissors lift looks like a nice unit and pretty low profile.    It goes higher than the Quickjack.    It's less hokey looking than the Quickjack and appears more robust like a proper lift.  But you do lose some access  to the center section of the vehicle.      On the other hand, with the Quickjack, you can get under the center, but it will not be easy to pull a trans or perform heavy work with the lift on either side of you.     All these small lifts have trade offs.  

Watch the video.  A guy from Moparts posted it.   This lift sells for about $2000.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtvwZ8EVnec

alfaitalia

Cool...I would love something like that.....just concerns me how close together the legs are at full height.....wonder how stable it would be. And obviously you will be wobbling it quite about when putting a high torque on a bolt or removing heavy parts. Would not be good news if it fell over!! Wonder if you can get legs that attach to make the base wider and longer at ground level for extra stability??
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

johnnycharger

It is easy to go down a rabbit hole while researching these.

This 2 post lift is tempting. The price is the same as a lot of the scissor lifts and it has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QHEUULM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1OUVYN9FLU60S&psc=1

alfaitalia

Looks good value...if only I had the space.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

chargermick

I haven't done it but, I bet I could get the trans out with a little bit of effort.

BrugeeRT

I just got the Quick jack BL-7000SLX car lift for my 68 Charger and I love it.  It's an overkill rated at 7,000lbs but the car is solid when it's in the air and it can handle my truck.   It locks at certain positions so no worries about colapse and there is no sway to it at all.  I had the same worries when I first got it. It's also a longer base to accommodate longer vehicles so no sway at the nose or tail.  The middle is open and I plan on pulling my transmission.  The biggest part of the 727 bell housing is about 18" and the rise height is about 22" with this model so it might be a little tight but should work.  If you buy it around Christmas they offer $100 off and free shipping.  Do PayPal credit and it's no payment for 6 months.  Beware though that the finance company that Quick jack uses on its website is scammy.  They say that its 6 months no interest but the fine print reads that it is a lease agreement!!!  You have to pay another fee at the end of the 6 months to own it.  I looked at a lot of them and am very happy with the way this one is working out.  Anybody near me in Baltimore feel free to check it out lol!
Mark

BrugeeRT

Forgot to add that it is light enough in 3 pieces to move by hand and can be hung horizontally on the wall.  A friend of mine has an older model one and he needs a engine hoist to move it around his shop.
Mark

66FBCharger

Thanks BrugeeRT.
That is great feedback.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

69 OUR/TEA

This is the mid rise lift I have . Did some research , liked this better than the Bend Pak because of the lock/unlock mechanism . Very beefy lift . John , I got it local from Ray Jurgen in Bristol , they delivered it to . You're more than welcome to come by and check it out in person .

http://www.revolutionlift.com/RMR6-6000-Pound-Capacity-Mid-Rise-Lift-P4C9.aspx#MoreDetails

johnnycharger

Great info all! It is appreciated.

Aero426

Pelican Parts (Euro sporty car parts site) has a good deal going on Quickjacks.    If you are a member of Porsche Club of America, Pelican will give you a one time 10% member discount.   Offer is good until the end of this year.   PCA membership costs $46 and you get a beautiful color magazine called Panorama every month.     Discount on the 5000 lb lift at $1395.00 would be -$139.50 with free shipping.    Best deal I have seen so far.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/support/pca-membership.htm#utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=pca

6pkrtse

I have thought about one of these myself but I am leaning more towards a four post hoist.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 6pkrtse on March 28, 2018, 09:00:14 AM
I have thought about one of these myself but I am leaning more towards a four post hoist.

If you have the height , 4 post is a great choice , easy on/off , get the rolling jack assembly , now you can take tires off as well . Check out Advantage Lifts , seen their 4 post in person , very well built ( same concept as Backyard Buddy ) , but way less $$$$$$ .

66FBCharger

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 26, 2018, 07:09:03 PM
This is the mid rise lift I have . Did some research , liked this better than the Bend Pak because of the lock/unlock mechanism . Very beefy lift . John , I got it local from Ray Jurgen in Bristol , they delivered it to . You're more than welcome to come by and check it out in person .

http://www.revolutionlift.com/RMR6-6000-Pound-Capacity-Mid-Rise-Lift-P4C9.aspx#MoreDetails

Paul,
I'd like to check your lift(s) out. I think I need to just bite the bullet and put a twin post in the garage.
John