News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

inner rear window trim ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, February 19, 2018, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Has anyone used the repro inner rear window trim for our cars and if so what is your opinion of it ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

I'm assuming you are referring to the plastic inner trim that snaps on around the window?

If so, I have used the reproduction pieces on a stock tunnel back window car....the curved pieces really did not fit well out of the box, so I had to use a heat gun and very carefully work the pieces to fit better

Bryan

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: A383Wing on February 21, 2018, 03:37:17 PM
I'm assuming you are referring to the plastic inner trim that snaps on around the window?

If so, I have used the reproduction pieces on a stock tunnel back window car....the curved pieces really did not fit well out of the box, so I had to use a heat gun and very carefully work the pieces to fit better

Bryan
Yea, mine is so brittle that it is falling apart so like a lot of stuff you "make it fit" I guess.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on February 19, 2018, 11:02:04 PM
Has anyone used the repro inner rear window trim for our cars and if so what is your opinion of it ?

I've purchased the inside rear window trim for several different models (B bodies) from Legendary, IIRC the brand was AccuTrim, Zero issues with installation, no mods needed other than trimming the ends to my desired liking, and color changes, as they only offer the trim in black only...

Mike

white

I had issues too. The first set I bought the plastic broke due to being very brittle, sent it back after talking to the company. 2nd set the corners pieces did not fit well so had to pre heat them ,then mounted and worked fine.

hemi68charger

Quote from: white on February 27, 2018, 05:15:05 AM
I had issues too. The first set I bought the plastic broke due to being very brittle, sent it back after talking to the company. 2nd set the corners pieces did not fit well so had to pre heat them ,then mounted and worked fine.

Did you preheat with boiling water or heat gun?

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 28, 2018, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: white on February 27, 2018, 05:15:05 AM

Did you preheat with boiling water or heat gun?

Cheers,
Troy
So I make it fit,take it back off then paint it.. :yesnod:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser