News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW CAST ALUMINUM SUPERBIRD WINGS WITH CNC MATING SURFACES

Started by daytonalo, March 02, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Very nice cast aluminum, then heat treated Superbird wing . It all started with a oem Superbird wing that was then used for CAD inputs .  Hollow uprights cast by a foundry with 50 years exp in one piece with insert in mold as orig , nothing welded . Shipped in raw alum , you must prep for paint this way you see how nice the casting is and everyone has they're own method of prep . 2000.00 Each wing section is shipped with CNC  machine matched surfaces . Includes all studs/ hardware .Bare assessable wing we machine the little nubs off they are cast in to line up the template for machining then milled off. Jim and I have been doing business together and as I, he was disgusted and disappointed with the stuff from texas . As with my parts and his wing we didn't do this to become  wealthy, rather use our talents to make the best part possible for ourselves and maybe help others along the way . This has not been  a simple or inexpensive undertaking , Jim has 40+ years in building mopars and over 24k invested in patterns & molds . This wing should sell for 2500 in my opinion   This Superbird wing was test fit on an orig superbird and the wing is an exact replacement .

Call or text  Jim @ 540-354-3688  

panhead

That looks really nice, any plans for Daytona wings as well?

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

cudavic

Awesome, work. It looks great and at $2,000.00 it is one hell of a bargain.

odcics2

If using on a show car for points, make sure to add waves and pits in the wing, to make it look like a production piece!

:2thumbs:

Superior craftsmanship!  

:cheers:  

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Stevetona

daytonalo

Jim is a great guy and he will  register here soon , please warmly welcome him

aerolith

Awesome WORK!

Daytona wings would be WONDERFUL in aluminum too!

Areolith
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

Quote from: daytonalo on March 02, 2018, 09:35:23 AM
Jim is a great guy and he will  register here soon , please warmly welcome him

What year Charger does he own? 

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

daytonalo

daytonalo

Daytona wings definite possibility , they would have to sell for  2500 as Its super costly for patterns ,foundry ,heat treating , CNC , etc  

panhead

69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

alfaitalia

Out of interest why would it be any more expensive for casting etc etc on a Daytona than a 'bird ?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

daytonalo

Its is extremely costly for both as well as time consuming , that said 2500 is worth the cost of wing in my opinion. Jim said he  test fit his superbird wing a true orig superbird and it was perfect fit  
It all starts with an orig wing , not a replica . The orig wing is then used in CAD design for input points  to insure its exact replica as orig .

aerolith

Well, if its not a Mopar sanctioned repro part, then best to make it slightly differently methinks.

I have some Moparmates who have been sued for making Moparts, (unlicensed)... :slap:

Dare we even say 'RAMCHARGER' anymore... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

How does the 'FIVE YEAR RULE' apply here? :shruggy:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

odcics2

Quote from: aerolith on March 03, 2018, 10:49:35 AM
Well, if its not a Mopar sanctioned repro part, then best to make it slightly differently methinks.

I have some Moparmates who have been sued for making Moparts, (unlicensed)... :slap:

Dare we even say 'RAMCHARGER' anymore... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Valid point. 

daytonalo

Its not rocket science , were not marketing under " MOPAR RESTORATION PARTS "  Its like mopar suing all of us for making parts for all this old stuff , again NOT using MOPAR or trademark .................................

DAY CLONA

Quote from: aerolith on March 03, 2018, 10:49:35 AM

If the wing was being manufactured with a Pentastar, PN#s, etc, etc, or advertised using Mopar trademarks, endorsements, etc, etc without licensing/consent/permission then there's going to be problems, otherwise one is free to do as they please in this type of endeavor...DAMHIK

But be assured the Chrysler/Mopar legal/licensing dept will come calling offering all kinds of benefits (benefits that only benefit themselves re:$$$$$$$) associated with licensing, it's just a money grab for them, bragging rights for the part(s) mfg, higher prices for the buyer, zero assurance from Mopar

Mike

DAY CLONA

Larry,

Beautiful looking piece, is this wing by any chance the same as Rick Fairless is selling?, as he often re-markets other mfg's repros...

Has casting shrinkage been taken into account?, is the base able to accept a stock/factory/NOS base gasket? as "other" aluminum wings on the market over the decades all suffered from being dimensionaly smaller in proportions because the sand castings were based/taken on/off actual sized original/repro wings regarding the uprights, some of the early cast Daytona wings suffered from casting shrinkage... the original center sections were continuous cast extrusions cut to length, an entirely different process...

inquiring minds would like to know?

Thanks,
Mike

Larry, I sent you a PM

aerolith

I personally think a LOWER height wing would be better and re-jig the trunk hinge and swivel points.

Or in true racer style, a plastic trunk lid with 4 corner pins!

Just talking Daytona here and the Birdies are full trunk affairs.. :scratchchin:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

odcics2

Needs to be lower.   :Twocents:

If you can change the oil, without jacking it up, it's not low enough.

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona