News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ugly wing/plug?

Started by aerolith, February 20, 2018, 04:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

Glad they didn't use this design... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

daytonalo

Pretty sure if it wasn't for that car and data it proved you would have not had the Daytona / superbird .

DAY CLONA

Just be glad they didn't use the "squid tube" wing uprights!

odcics2

Anybody here ever notice the "A" trim is not riveted on like a 'real' race car?   :shruggy:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

cudavic

What is behind you does not matter!

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: odcics2 on February 21, 2018, 08:03:42 AM
Anybody here ever notice the "A" trim is not riveted on like a 'real' race car?   :shruggy:

I would have thought they would have been screwed on so the windshield could be changed quickly. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

aerolith

'Real' race car thats funny!
Chrysler were just making up stuff as they went along after the C500 disasters!!!
Don't think those UN-real race cars ever went REALLY fast as all the parts would fall off... :slap:

Think they would have been happy with 200mph in a straight line not all the way round. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Those Crazy drivers must have had VERY Large wedding tackle to run those speeds... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on February 21, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

Don't need to be riveted when you only run 120 mph. 

A383Wing

I thought I read somewhere that the rear wing that was closer to the rear deck was better than the tall one.....but with the shorter wing, you could not open the trunk....hence we got the taller ones.....

I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I am wrong

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on February 21, 2018, 03:34:04 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the rear wing that was closer to the rear deck was better than the tall one.....but with the shorter wing, you could not open the trunk....hence we got the taller ones.....

I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I am wrong

Although John Pointer's original napkin sketch had a wing,  the 3/8 scale car originally tested without a wing and only a nose.  Then came the short wing.     Aside from the trunk complication, getting the wing up high allowed the side pieces to evolve into the large stabilizers with helped with side forces when the car went into yaw.   

dave14

As for wing height clean air was suppose to be what Pointer said about its height other than trunk height......my satellite has only been in rough mock up for years and I dont have trunk stoppers for my hinges yet but trunk clears wing completely and opens right up as it normally did...... I wouldnt want to put my fingers between wing and lid as its very close but it will open right up without interferance from wing

Swampwing2

The stoppers were to prevent the leading edge of the trunk lid from hitting the plug, not the back of the trunk from hitting the wing, I believe.

moparstuart

Quote from: dave14 on March 02, 2018, 09:02:59 PM
As for wing height clean air was suppose to be what Pointer said about its height other than trunk height......my satellite has only been in rough mock up for years and I dont have trunk stoppers for my hinges yet but trunk clears wing completely and opens right up as it normally did...... I wouldnt want to put my fingers between wing and lid as its very close but it will open right up without interferance from wing

ive pinched my fingers many a time   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Fitz73Chrgr

You guys are all brainwashed.  The lower wing on that model definitely looks less ridiculous than the one Chrysler went with.  
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541