News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how did you find your way here?

Started by b5blue, March 06, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Fans of the mighty 1ST, 2ND and 3RD generation Charger have found this forum from all parts of the planet. I followed a link off eBay from a member selling restored dashes.  :cheers:

JB400

chargermick

I googled Dodge Charger many many years ago.

Lennard

It's been almost 10 years since I joined this forum. I can't remember how I found it. :scratchchin:

dyslexic teddybear

Interested in all things Mopar......came across a reference somewhere....

Read a bit on the areo section.....realized this site had the higest ratio of good, knowledgable guys to internet rectums of any site I know of.

Joining was pretty logical :yesnod:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

Doing searches for the Charger and clicked on the right option. Presto, a whole world of the 68-70 Charger was opened up. Didn't browse very long before I had to jump in. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XH29N0G

I'd like to say it is in my avatar....because Buckaroo Bonzai said no matter where you go, there you are

i think i searched for chargers and I needed help in a big way.  I started off with a question about edelbrock heads.  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

green69rt

I had run across the 69hemi.com site somehow.  There is a link to DC.com on that site and I followed it.  I don't think I went any further and never looked back.

JB400

Fred

johnnycharger

I met a great guy named Tom(used to go by Twodko on here) at a car show. My family and I had a great time making a new friend that day and he told me about the site.

bakerhillpins

I've probably been "here" for something in the neighborhood of 20 yrs now. I found the old site on the internets when I started dreaming of getting my charger after being in the working world for a few years but I just lurked. In 2005 after the great t-shirt and site evaporation debacle I joined up when Troy built this from the ashes.  :lol:

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 06, 2018, 10:11:00 PM
I met a great guy named Tom(used to go by Twodko on here) at a car show. My family and I had a great time making a new friend that day and he told me about the site.

Great guy! He had basically the same car as mine so I spent time talking with him about it. Hope he is doing ok.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

alfaitalia

Found it when looking to buy my one!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: JB400 on March 06, 2018, 06:38:22 PM
Internet search on Dodge Chargers.

Quote from: chargermick on March 06, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
I googled Dodge Charger many many years ago.

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on March 07, 2018, 07:02:27 AM
The old site.

:iagree: x3

back in 2002, with the old board... I was Venezuelan-RT74 back in the days. That board died with 12K or so posts by me... so... I could get 29K by today.

I don't have life quite often ( at this moment for example )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

Quote from: JB400 on March 06, 2018, 06:38:22 PM
Internet search on Dodge Chargers.

Me too. There was no Internet when I had my first two Chargers but when I got my last one (a '70 R/T) I looked for a dedicated forum.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 07, 2018, 07:10:23 AM
I've probably been "here" for something in the neighborhood of 20 yrs now. I found the old site on the internets when I started dreaming of getting my charger after being in the working world for a few years but I just lurked. In 2005 after the great t-shirt and site evaporation debacle I joined up when Troy built this from the ashes.  :lol:

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 06, 2018, 10:11:00 PM

Great guy! He had basically the same car as mine so I spent time talking with him about it. Hope he is doing ok.

Same here...internet search (probably Lycos, Hotbot, or Altavista...thats how long ago it was) led me to the old site when I bought my 74 Charger in late 2001. Then after the above referenced t-shirt meltdown and subsequent apocalypse I followed the crowd here.

Im still annoyed that my "5 word thread" concept got plagiarized....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger-Bodie

When I was working on my Charger that ended up black. I was searching for pics of black,white and or silver Chargers,cause I new it was going to have red interior. I needed to decide the exterior which ended up black. Been here ever since.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on March 07, 2018, 07:02:27 AM
The old site.
Me too. Came here about a week after Troy got this one up and running.  :2thumbs:
I found the old site while searching the net for a grille, IIRC.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 07, 2018, 05:20:55 PM
Troy came to my house . . .  :2thumbs:

He did? All I got was a coupon in the mail.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Alaskan_TA

I was helping Fred look for his cat.

JB400

If I remember correctly, it was under the vibrating couch.

XH29N0G

I think I showed up late, but just after, or about the time of some couch discussion.  I still don't understand what was happening, and am still haunted by it and also because never could find those cats.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Alaskan_TA

The couch is easy.

The cat finds YOU.

Fred

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 12, 2018, 09:00:01 PM
I think I showed up late, but just after, or about the time of some couch discussion.  I still don't understand what was happening, and am still haunted by it and also because never could find those cats.

Here's what happened.

The vibrating couch went to the tip.....the bear found it and made himself at home and won't give it back.

The ducks went missing and were never seen or heard of again. Although rumour has it they were turned into sausages and bill440rt had them on the barbie (that's Aussie for BBQ)

And Alaska_TA found all the cats but nobody knows nor wants to know just exactly what he did with them.

tan top

old site , guy I worked with , knew I had a charger, he was interested in them ,  & was looking them up on the internet , on the office computer , ( this was before I even had a computer at home ) started showing me the ebay adverts & the then old dodge charger .com web site , would spend most of my lunch time looking at charger stuff  ;D  , got my own computer a year later , & joined the old site , same user name  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

Couches and ducks and bears oh my.......... and then there were boats and paddles and monkeys. It was a very questionable time in our lives.  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 13, 2018, 02:25:42 PM
Couches and ducks and bears oh my.......... and then there were boats and paddles and monkeys. It was a very questionable time in our lives.  :smilielol:

We sure did have some fun though.  :icon_smile_big:  I would definitely call that period "The Good Old Days"  :2thumbs:

JB400

Can't forget, we saved the world from some mysterious grey thingy as well :rofl: 

Hard to believe that was 5 1/2 years ago. :P

XH29N0G

The second picture is clear.  A bear on a vibrating sofa, but I still don't see it vibrating - maybe need another beer.  But I give up on the others.  :brickwall: PLease help!  Are the cat and the ducks inside the bear?

Or maybe it protects us. 

Fred

Quote from: JB400 on March 13, 2018, 04:44:45 PM
Can't forget, we saved the world from some mysterious grey thingy as well :rofl:  

Oh yeah Stroker  :icon_smile_big: I forgot all about that.

Quote from: JB400 on March 13, 2018, 04:44:45 PM

Hard to believe that was 5 1/2 years ago. :P

OMG! 5 1/2 years ago? I can't believe it!

Fred

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 13, 2018, 05:12:44 PM
The second picture is clear.  A bear on a vibrating sofa, but I still don't see it vibrating - maybe need another beer.  But I give up on the others.  :brickwall: PLease help!  Are the cat and the ducks inside the bear?

You'll have to go back a ways and look for the "Spot the cat" threads if you want to find the cats.
The ducks ended up inside bill440rt in the form of sausages after he devoured them with great gusto one afternoon having grilled them to perfection.
The couch is no longer vibrating because the bear doesn't know where to buy batteries.
The monkeys sailed out to sea using their paddles then found themselves up shit creek without them!

And the grey thingy?..........didn't skip run off with that??

Oh and the dish ran away with the spoon!
and the cow jumped over the moon!

draftingmonkey

Followed the clues in a Charger treasure map I took off of a pirate.

Fred

You got lucky.....most of those maps don't lead anywhere!

djcarguy

i went to -Cars in Barns that took me to Forgotten Mopars and that drug me here,,kicking and fighting all the way??

what happen to that guy that road on the short yellow bus an knew all about his favorite color,crayons?? ;D

Draco

Ran into Troy at Carlisle in 2016.

67440chrg

A member (Mopar Stuart) told me about it at a Mopar club cruise.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Fred

NHCharger

I was on Moparts one day and a moparts member posted a link to the (old) Charger Board saying try this site, less arrogance/more help. And I'm still here.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

brad mcintyre

bought my charger started doing research ended up here

RECHRGD

Too long ago to remember, but I was probably searching the net for charger stuff.  Found the old site and saw that Jesse and I lived in the same area.  Befriended he and Beth.  We had some great times at cruises and such.  Haven't seen or heard a peep about him since the blowup......
13.53 @ 105.32

69wannabe

Was on the CGLFC since my charger was a general lee for a long time but one disagreement with the right person there will get you kicked off the site. Was just voicing my opinion and next thing I know I was off the site so I was doing some tech searches and found this site. More user friendly here for sure and not afraid I will get crucified if I have my own opinion here at least....

OldGuy

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 18, 2018, 09:57:46 AM
Too long ago to remember, but I was probably searching the net for charger stuff.  Found the old site and saw that Jesse and I lived in the same area.  Befriended he and Beth.  We had some great times at cruises and such.  Haven't seen or heard a peep about him since the blowup......

Was on the old site when Jesse started it.  Remember when all you guys from east of the mountains came over to Renton for the first get together at Triple Green's church parking lot...
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

kab69440

Got invited here after the old site imploded. Got there from the old scatpack.com site. That is one site I sorely miss. So many good times and now they are only memories
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

RallyeMike

Other addicts. "Come on try it.... read just one post..." they said  :apimp:

Of course that was on the old site, however many years ago that was...
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/