News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15 inch wheel fitting bolt on 4 wheel disc brakes, drum spindles and 8 3/4 dana

Started by invincibleextremes, March 07, 2018, 12:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

invincibleextremes

As the title states, I now have a bolt on disc brake solution for B body (and similar spindle cars) drum brake spindles that fits a 15 inch wheel.

The rear adapter bolts up to factory mopar 8 3/4 rear housings using factory bearings, and uses a 95 mustang caliper and rotor.  This has a built in parking brake into the caliper and is a more compact package than the 2005 mustang brakes and fits with most 15 inch wheels.

Same as the 2005 to 2014 conversion, you will need to remove half a mm of material off the inside of the hub bore on the rotor with a flap wheel and everything else is straight forward.

The front drum brake spindle works with this adapter, you bolt on the adapter in place of the drum backing plate and use the drum hub with the 95 mustang rotor and caliper.

These are single piston calipers, not really any different than the factory disc brake caliper on the mopars already.  But it is an option for those who want to keep their drum spindle, and have access to cheap 95 mustang calipers and rotors.

This setup requires the hubs to be turned down to fit inside the rotor hat.  The rotor hat diameter is 5.7 inch and the drum hubs are 6.1 inches across.  I have done similar work on a 68 firebird hub using an angle grinder and I have never had an issue.  

Same for the hub bore, a half a mm will need to be removed off the rotor hub bore to fit the dodge 71.5mm hub bore.  Ford uses a 70.5mm hub.

Personaly, a lot of guys will be interested in the rear brake setup because it will work with the factory dodge front disc brakes and has a built in parking brake, but I am still offering the front conversion as well for anyone who needs it.

Same exact pricing as the other adapter kit that uses 2005 to 2014 mustang brakes.  110 shipped for the front, and 160 shipped for the rears, or $260 all together.

Yes, this setup will allow you to use cobra calipers and rotors, but they don't fit a 15 inch wheel, and honestly, the 2014 brakes are a lot better if you're willing to run a bigger wheel.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: invincibleextremes on March 07, 2018, 12:06:59 AM
you will need to remove half a mm of material off the inside of the hub bore on the rotor with a flap wheel and everything else is straight forward.

The front drum brake spindle works with this adapter, you bolt on the adapter in place of the drum backing plate and use the drum hub with the 95 mustang rotor and caliper.

This setup requires the hubs to be turned down to fit inside the rotor hat.  The rotor hat diameter is 5.7 inch and the drum hubs are 6.1 inches across.  I have done similar work on a 68 firebird hub using an angle grinder and I have never had an issue.  

Same for the hub bore, a half a mm will need to be removed off the rotor hub bore to fit the dodge 71.5mm hub bore.  Ford uses a 70.5mm hub.

Real precision work there.  ::)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

invincibleextremes

I'm offering adapter kits.  Not complete brake kits.

And as been stated, it's "real precision work"

You can have the rotors turned professionally or you can do it yourself.  And before anyone goes poking holes in it, it works.  Go see the above thread with the 6, 4 or 2 piston conversion using 2014 brakes.

So far around 30 or more people have purchased THAT conversion and have been more than happy with it.
This is a similar setup, just uses a different size rotor and caliper.

Quote from: HPP on March 13, 2018, 12:40:14 PM
so you offer a kit?

invincibleextremes

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 13, 2018, 02:08:23 PM
Real precision work there.  ::)

I'm only offering up the brackets.  For dirt cheap btw... The people are then responsible for either going and getting their rotors turned to remove half a mm of material or doing some "real precision work" With a flap wheel as you stated.

If it works it works.  And oh btw, it works.