News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Price of a new Ram

Started by JB400, March 07, 2018, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

bakerhillpins

Quote from: JB400 on March 07, 2018, 09:24:58 PM
http://www.autonews.com/article/20180306/RETAIL/180309604/fca-sets-2019-ram-1500-prices-from-33340

If they do eventually make a new Dakota, I hope it's priced a lot cheaper than this.

I don't see them making a mid sized pickup again, the economics aren't there for buyers (At least I don't see them). You get maybe 1-2 mpg better for an all around less useful vehicle. Smaller cab/Less towing/payload/etc.  Yea, the Toyota's are still selling but I guess it's a style thing at that point.  :shruggy:

So far I'm happy with my 14 but I did like the look of the 19's even though they look like they stole the hood from a GMC.  Prices always go up.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mike DC

Is it a 1-2 mpg difference in the federal testing, or in real life?

And then there are maintenance parts costs . . . .

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 08, 2018, 02:22:26 PM

Is is a 1-2 mpg difference in the federal testing, or in real life?

And then there are maintenance parts costs . . . .

Well, that's where it gets difficult to say. I'm right on the #s on the window sticker on my RAM in the warmer months. But I am FAR from heavy footed on the throttle.  When I travel down south to my In-laws I typically get better than those #s by a little.  In the winter up here I am bit below because of the mud/snow/4wd and such. But that's not really where that number comes from. It's basically "idea" highway/city conditions. So yea. Who knows.

What maintenance do you see as different in cost between a Dakota vs full size RAM? I'm really only seeing differences when you consider Gas/Diesel or when you move up to a 3/4 ton and so on.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Aero426

Pickups are their bread and butter where they make their money right now.    They really don't have any bread and butter cars to sell,  having all but abandoned the market.

Mike DC

:Twocents:

We won't get a new full-framed platform from Mopar unless it's a Ram or a Jeep.   If they do a small pickup then it will be one of the "crossover" FWD unibody SUVs with the El Camino treatment.

69 OUR/TEA

Pay no attention to "sticker price" , depending on what you want the truck outfitted with , wait until say October/November , and watch the dealers , $8,10,13K off window stickers to get rid of them . WOW some really great deals !!!! In Sept 16 I hunted for a 1500 Crew Cab , black , 3.92's , sunroof,etc and kept coming up with something just not in the mix of options I wanted ( mainly the 3.92's ) . This dealer basically told me to order one the way I want , plus it will be a 17 . So I ordered one Nov 11th and it came in Dec 18th , even ordering it , I paid $9k less than  window sticker . So if you find a dealer that wants to actually sell a vehicle and will work with you , you can save a ton .

ralley72

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 08, 2018, 06:34:56 PM
Pay no attention to "sticker price" , depending on what you want the truck outfitted with , wait until say October/November , and watch the dealers , $8,10,13K off window stickers to get rid of them . WOW some really great deals !!!! In Sept 16 I hunted for a 1500 Crew Cab , black , 3.92's , sunroof,etc and kept coming up with something just not in the mix of options I wanted ( mainly the 3.92's ) . This dealer basically told me to order one the way I want , plus it will be a 17 . So I ordered one Nov 11th and it came in Dec 18th , even ordering it , I paid $9k less than  window sticker . So if you find a dealer that wants to actually sell a vehicle and will work with you , you can save a ton .
Just curious, that 9K less than the window sticker, what % is that from the window sticker price? 15% 16%? looking at getting a new one in a few weeks, seeing what percentage the dealers are taking off.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

lukedukem

Dealer near me is doing 11k off the 2018 ram 1500 trucks. I heard a lot of guys use Dennis Dillon, but you have to go there and drive it back. I think he's Idaho.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: ralley72 on March 08, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 08, 2018, 06:34:56 PM
Just curious, that 9K less than the window sticker, what % is that from the window sticker price? 15% 16%? looking at getting a new one in a few weeks, seeing what percentage the dealers are taking off.

Mike
[/quote

between 16-17%

69 OUR/TEA

One dealer near me had a truck with sticker of $51,200 , let it go for $38,000 , so $13k off sticker . It was Oct 2016 , the truck was a 2016 . I almost pulled the trigger , but wrong color , no 3.92's .